Going Out In Style

"Hey, (y/n)! Wake up, you should've been up and cleaning two hours ago!"

     I lift up my head from my soft pillow and hearing the sound of one of the maids yelling at me through the door. I squinted at the clock on my nightstand that read 'eight fifteen a.m.'. After getting back home late from stealing that dress and mask, I barely had the strength to pull myself up a three story house to get to my bedroom window while carrying two boxes that had the mask and dress.

     I acknowledged the other maid behind my door and told her that I would be out soon and waited for her to leave. I sit up and felt a chill all throughout my bedroom and noticed that I didn't close the window all the way as I felt a gust of winter wind come through. I shiver and got out of my bed to shut and lock the window and walked back to my bed and pulled out the dress and mask from underneath to check and see if they were still in good condition. I delicately unwrap the mask to get a closer look at it and pleased to see that nothing was broken.

     The main part of the mask was black with glitter and the magnificent deer antlers were painted silver as well as the fake leaves that were placed on the upper rim of the mask. As I pick up the extraordinary mask to try it on, a short transparent black veil flows out from behind it that covers the lower half of my face.

     "Perfect, no one will be able to recognize me now!" I say happily as I examined myself from the dresser's mirror.

     I wrap up the mask up and placed it back into its box, saving the best for last as I take out the beautifully fringed dress and held it up to the front of my body. I tried to look at myself through the tiny mirror on top of the dresser but I quickly became impatient and ran to the bathroom where the walk-in closet had a larger mirror. I giggled a bit as I felt the matching purple fringe on the bottom of the dress tickle my legs. I began to undress myself, eager to try on my dress but groaned as knocking at the door interrupted the glorious moment.

     "Coming—! Ugh, those stupid maids are so impatient." I say whispering the last part about the maids.

     I hear knocking a second time as I hid the dress and mask underneath my bed and quickly fixed my bed head last minute before opening the door.

     "What part of waiting do you not understand—" I quickly stop myself from continuing as I crane my head to look up at the tall skeleton. "Sorry Papyrus, I thought you were one of the maids." I apologize.

     "It's fine, Ms. (Y/n). I thought I would drop by to see if you were alright since I didn't see you early this morning—you're not sick, are you?" Papyrus questions.

     "No I'm fine, just slept in a little too long, that's all."

     I open the door wider and heard the subtle sound of bones shaking as Papyrus straightened himself.

     "(Y/N), your room is frozen! You'll definitely catch a cold in this temperature!" Papyrus walks into my room as he looks at the vents, checking for any warm air.

     "I'm okay, Papyrus—honest; the heater didn't kick in until a few minutes ago." I add.

     He then checks the windows to see if they were opened and was satisfied to see they were not.

    "Well, you seem to be right as rain so I will let you get back to what you were doing." Papyrus briskly walks towards the door.

     "Wait—" Papyrus stops and turns to face me with a look of curiosity.

     "...Have you seen Sans anywhere?" I ask.

     "He's busy at the moment planning our next gig, which reminds me, Sans and I won't be back until late tonight; there's some...loose ends the Venatores need to tie off." He pauses.