Needs

"You in position, sister?" Undyne says on the phone.

     "I'm ready to fill him with daylight." I reply.

     She answers with a one word response and shortly hangs up.

     This was my first gig with Undyne, including a few other members that tagged along. I was in a shabby apartment in the slums of Snowdin city watching down below through the scope of a rifle Sans had given me. Despite how my first shooting lesson went with him, he figured that I would be most suited for long range defense. I pulled down the blinds a bit further to get a better look at my target just before the phone rang, breaking my concentration. I pick up the phone and sigh through the receiver.

     "how ya holdin' up, doll?" The familiar Brooklyn accented skeleton asks.

     "Is it really necessary for you to call me while I'm in the middle of my first mission?" I huff.

     "i jus wanted to make sure how my little broad is doin'."

     "You've called to ask me that five times."

     Sans didn't answer.

     "If you're so worried about me, why didn't you just come with me in the first place?"

     "i told ya doll, i can't come and lead every gig— i'm a busy man, ya know."

     "If you're so "busy" that you can't come to every gig just to make sure i'm okay, at least try to believe me when I say that I'm fine, I really am swell."

     "i'll see ya later then, (y/n) doll." Sans coos before hanging up.

     I immediately hang up and put myself back into position.

     Man he is on your case today, he's lucky he hasn't distracted you to the point you miss your kill.

     "For the last time, Chara, I wasn't ordered to kill my target... just slow them down enough if they rat us out in the middle of the mission."

     Then why did you bring me here in the first place if you're not gonna actually kill anyone!?

     "I brought you with me because I still don't have what it takes to shoot someone."

     What about the time when you and Sans were being shot at during that car chase when Asgore broke into your flat and almost killed you?

     "You were the one that shot those drivers, not me."

     Or was I? Chara laughs, hoping to anger me.

     Despite Gaster had made it clear that Chara was grounded from me, he was nice enough to make an exception this time since he knew he couldn't isolate Chara from the only other human in the Underground that she's somewhat compatible with.

     I watched my target through the scope once more, my mission was simple: one of Undyne's men would walk across the road dressed like every other monster on the streets, he will walk by and give, how Undyne put it, "the goods" to my target as they pass each other. If anything goes wrong, I'll be there to stop it.

     I look at the clock on the wall that had worn down wallpaper slowly peeling away, the gig was about to start any second. Just like how Undyne said, a man with a light brown trench coat made their way towards the target who quickly spotted him in the crowd and took that as their cue to start walking. The two eventually crossed paths ever so smoothly and continued on walking the opposite way from each other. As soon as the two monsters vanished around separate corners, the phone began to ring. I silently wait for any kind of sign before answering.