Set in Stone

The amount of betrayal I was feeling towards Ms. Hop was nowhere near the amount of fear I had towards the face of the enemy. The one monster that Toriel trusted with my life had not only backstabbed me, but gave me up as if I was nothing but a pass to stop her life from being taken away.

     I couldn't scream. My voice rendered itself useless from petrified horror as one of the men held me down for their boss who took striding steps closer to me. His monstrous black furry hand gripped my face, his razor claws sank into my cheeks as my blood painted the tips of his fingers.

     The goat monster laughed, his goons joining in. "I'm assuming you already know my name, but lets keep this formal, shall we? I am King Asgore former ruler of the Underground and leader of most powerful mafia that goes by the name Infernum." 

     I tried to turn my head away from his hideous complexion but his hand only gripped my head harder. I shut my eyes in pain as the pressure against my skull formed into a headache.

     "I can see why my wife wanted to protect you, you're just as weak as the children that she failed to save." Asgore gripped my head even harder.

     Chara snapped at Asgore's comment and took control long enough to make me spit onto Asgore's face as I silently cursed Chara for sealing our fate.

     He wiped the spit from his face and snarled. "Oh (y/n) dear, of course a dame like you would do something like that," His yellow eyes stared me down in pure rag, suffocating the room with his anger. "Woman like you always act like you're big shots. It's a shame you'll never get to feel the power of being a man of my kind of authority."

     I was losing my vision as Asgore squeezed my temples harder, I could hear a faint cracking in my skull.

     "I would love to continue our little chat but i've wasted enough on taking your soul. Don't take this wrong way, i'll put your soul to good use; more than your pitiful life would have."

     I heard a loud crack in the right side of my skull, my body went limp as I fell to the ground. I could still hear my head splitting open but the noise was louder than the first time. I suddenly realized that the sound of cracking was actually my flat's door busting down. Shards of wood landed on my motionless body as I tried to look where the commotion was taking place. My one unfocused eye tried to make out the silhouettes standing in the midst of a murder scene, but the deep blue suits was a dead give away.

     I heard yelling and gunshots as a familiar voice stood out from the chaos. Tears of joy and blood rolled down my impaired face as I felt those unmistakable bony hands lift me up and quickly rushed down the stairs and out into the frozen city air. The sound of bullets screamed from behind us; there was someone on our trail.

     "you can't knock off me that easily trouble boy!"

     Sans pulled out his revolver and fired at the monster aiming at us through the top window. The sharp shooter brutally lost as Sans effortlessly put three bullets into the man's chest, causing him to fall from the two story building and splatter onto the pavement, the smell of gunpowder and blood was in the air. We heard yelling and shouting as more and more of Infernum's and Venatores' men began filling the streets and surrounding each other with blood from every gunshot.

     Sans ran to the nearest car and ducked behind it for shelter as a wave of bullets shattered its windows and tore through the metal. He sets me down at the far end of the trunk and fires his gun from behind the hood of the car. I tried calling to Sans but my head throbbed from the overwhelming adrenaline knowing that death was imminent.

     "hang in there doll, help is on its way."

     Right on cue, a car quickly pulled up in front of us with Papyrus in the passenger seat yelling through the car window to get Sans' attention.