Company to its extent

A week has gone by since the day I ran from Sans who was trying to get me to comply to his ridiculous deal. I was feeling nervous the next day when the protection spell had worn off completely, but I ended up earning the nickname "untouchable" after some monsters had witnessed Sans' outburst after my protection spell had set his sleeve on fire. There was a lot of customers at the bakery the next day asking about how I managed to get on the bad side of the leader of the Venatores and if the rumor was true that I set him on fire just to get away from him.

     Today I managed to close up the bakery by myself while Ms. Hop and Will left early to buy more supplies for tomorrow; I savored the feeling of the vacant building as I swept the floor and wiped counters before the café manager came to open up the place once more. I had been slowly gaining the courage to ask them about getting a second job at the café since the bakery's pay wasn't the best and certainly wasn't enough to pay the rent for my flat.

     I had finished cleaning the place up early but I decided to linger a tad longer in the silence but it was rudely interrupted by the familiar shrill voice of Chara.

     "Are you finally going to ask that monster if you can work at their café?"

     There was a sharp tone to Chara's voice that sounded offensive more than usual; something is always bothering her.

      "First off Chara, that monster goes by the name of Mr. Roguer and no, i'm not waiting for him to come so I can ask him about getting another job here." I huffed.

     "Then what are we still moping around here for?"

     I didn't answer right away, my mind was wandering from one thought to the other. Thoughts that specifically had to do with Sans.

     "Hey scatterbrain, I may not be able to read your mind but I can tell that it's doing something"

     I sigh knowing that it's completely impossible to hide anything from her.

     "It's nothing, i'm just tired of you always asking what's on my mind."

     "Well I can't do very much but look around and not have any control of whatever unwise choice that you're possibly about to do next! The whole reason of  possessing a person is to take control of the vessel's entire body, not fucking ten percent of it!"

      I didn't realize how it must feel like to watch through someone else's eyes and not know what the person was going to do next.

     "Why did you choose me, Chara?" I bluntly ask.

     "What do you mean?"

     "Out of all the other humans that have fallen down here, why did you choose to possess me?"

     Silence followed.

     "—I don't know, they were all so different compared to you I couldn't possess them...I guess we have more in common."

     "That can't be it. We don't have anything in common with each other."

     The conversation ended abruptly after my remark. It wasn't worth the wait for Mr. Roguer as I locked up the place and left in silence as I headed home.

     Busy automobiles, news boys shouting, street performers playing, and the occasional shouting from cab drivers is ear splitting but there was one specific sound that was overpowering out of all the noise coming from the obnoxiously loud city; The sound of sirens. 

     It got louder as I turned the corner and was greeted by the back of a small crowd. I crossed the road where the other side of the street was vacant of any eye witnesses and got a better view of what was actually happening. There was a jewelry store that had just been broken into and Undyne and her crew where already on the scene. There was no sign of the culprit but judging by Undyne's expression, she knew exactly who had done this.