No Dice

Everything about Sans I couldn't trust, specifically his smile; he always looks like he knows something about me as if he's heard my darkest secrets. I kept a cold stare on Sans who waited patiently for my response to hear him out on his deal. 

     "So you say you have a deal for me?"

     "i'm being square with ya, doll."

     I didn't wait for Chara to make any other remarks. 

     "Okay, lay it on me."

     Sans was relieved by my answer and his smile softened, looking less vicious and predatory than before. He cleared his non existent throat and subconsciously picked at the buttons on his vest.

     "i've been thinking about the night i first met you down in that alleyway, surrounded by those palookas who thought they could have barney-mugging with ya and blow ya down afterwards," He paused for a short moment almost as if he was nervous to continue. "to be honest with ya (y/n) doll, you won't last long out here without my help."

     Chara somehow found Sans' last remark amusing and burst into a laughing fit, causing me to flinch by her unexpected reaction.

     "Help!? And he wants you to trust him!"

     Chara's laughter died quickly, still curious to know what Sans has to offer.

      "What do you mean I won't last long without your help, are you saying I can't take care of myself?"

      Sans detected my tone of anger.

      "hey, hey, i don't mean ya any offense, but you know i'm telln' the true."

     I sputtered in disbelief not knowing what to say back, I didn't want to admit that he was right. 

     "I'm not helpless out here, i'm twenty-two; not a child."

     "i can see that, doll." 

     Sans' calming state changed to anger and clenched his teeth together, which strained his smile.

     "I know why you want to me to rely on you and it's not going to work. You just want my soul so you can use it for selfish reasons instead of trying to use it to break free from this Hell hole!"

     Suddenly I felt my back hit against the brick building as Sans boxed me in with his arms on either side of me. His left eye began to glow a deep blue.

     "now (y/n), that wasn't very nice of you to assume my intentions—what makes you think that i would want your soul when i already got everything i could ever have? i got dough, i already got power; the dames go crazy for a someone like me—so what makes you think that a wealthy, monster with hundreds of hatchet men at my fingertips would want a human like you?"

     Every word he spat was like poison. But nonetheless, he stayed calm.

     Chara and I were speechless. Her dominate, bold demeanor had disappeared, leaving me just as scared as she was.

     "what's wrong, doll? are ya scared, ya finally know your place here in this "hell hole"?" 

     Sans grabbed my chin, forcing me to look up at his face and his one blue eye. But the moment lasted for a split second before he jumped back and gripped his arm, causing his eye to flare up blue flames.

     "that goddamn protection spell!" Sans hissed as he tried to put out the growing flame on the cuff of his suit.

     I take my chance and bolted down the sidewalk. I don't know where i'm going but as long as i'm far away from a monster that most likely wants to kill me, that's fine by me.