Uncalled For

The moment Mettaton's first act ended with a satisfied crowd, Sans slumped into his seat with a heavy sigh of relief.

     "finally, that robot stopped singing." Sans groans.

     "Sans! That was very rude of you, I rather like Mettaton's singing." Papyrus says as he finishes clapping.

     "that's because you're dizzy for her, paps." Sans teases.

     "I don't like him—her, I don't like her because of her looks or for her talent of singing...we just used to be close friends before—"

     Papyrus noticed he had gone too far explaining his feelings towards someone who he clearly see's dear to him and stopped himself before he went any further.

     "alright, cut it with the sob story and let's use our time to find out what asgore is up to."

     "Right. You're right, we need to focus on why we're here in the first place." Says Papyrus as he adjusts his mask and suit.

     "attaboy, now i need you to gun for anything hinky with infernum and try to tell me before the intermission ends." 

     Sans sits up from his uncomfortably small seat and signals two bodyguards to come with him as they follow behind.

     "Wait— Do you really think it's a good idea for you to go find Asgore with the kind of disguise you're wearing?" Papyrus says worried.

     "why not, is something wrong with it?" Sans says as he grins behind the mask.

     "No, the mask looks swell— it just doesn't do much justice given by your appearance and all." Papyrus falters. "I mean for Hell's sake Sans, you're wearing a skull! You might as well have come with no mask at all."

     Sans lights his cigar, only to be painfully reminded that his mask was in the way of the only thing that was keeping him calm and regrettably puts it out in the glass ashtray near his seat.

     "no offense paps, but you're not that far from the same issue as me." Sans says referring to Papyrus' abnormally tall composure. 

     Sans leaves to the other side of the theater's balcony before Papyrus could say anything else witty towards his appearance and begins his search for Asgore. His bodyguards silently follow behind as he looks over the rails and down at the scuttling crowd beneath him. His white pupils scanned for Asgore's unmistakable composure as he paced around each and every balcony until he had made his way to the very top. Sans grinned and held in a chuckle as he spotted the familiar blood red suit that belonged to Asgore who looked as if he was waiting for Sans all this time.

     "Speak of the devil; I was just looking for you, Sans. But it looks like you found me first." Says Asgore.

     He signals his two unusual helmet wearing bodyguards to leave him be as they cautiously walk pass Sans and his goons who glared at them as they went down the stairs. 

     "bold of you to assume that you won't be needing your men if something bad happens." Sans says in a deathly tone as his pupils were no longer visible.

     "Oh Sans, you and I know very well what would happen if we started a fight in the only place where two monsters like us can have a friendly conversation..."

     Asgore's guards were down the stairs and out of sight as the two mob leaders took a moment to admire each other's elegant appearances.

     "Honestly Sans, I was hoping you'd make it a bit harder for me find you."