Chapter 2: Forest

Other people were in the room and were starring at her. Jane's eyes got wide in shock she turned her head and saw Bruce heading in her direction. Turning back to the others she could see weapons and that they were prepared to fight. She ran towards the ones near the couch, jumping over the furniture she ducked at the incoming blade from the one in a green hoodie and narrowly avoided getting grabbed by another with a black T-shirt with the same S symbol.

Running into the next room she could see thar a obstacle course was on. Mechanical archers were loaded and rocks were on the ground making it look like a cavern. Climbing one of the rocks she ran through towards the emergency exit. Opening the door lush green jungle could be seen up ahead while downward the mountain it was rocky and steep. Sliding down she looked behind to see more were chasing her. A green skinned female with red hair had joined them along with another with blond hair and had a leaf green archery's outfit complete with a bow and arrows. There was a bright trail that stopped in front of her. It was a red headed boy with a yellow suit and a white and red lightning bolt on his chest.

"Got ya!"

Throwing a punch he quickly dogged it. She tried kicking him down but nothing worked. Her ear flicked and reminded her of the others. Portaling out of the red head's way she ran deep into the forest. Noticing that none of them followed she slowed down to a walk. Blood started to deep through the bandages and had some dirt on them. Leaning up against a tree once Jane assumes it was safe. She winced as she slid down into a seat against the base of the tree.

Alien and superpower people on a team, awesome.

By now it was dark and the moon shone through the trees, Jane had fallen asleep for a while till she herd voices. She could smell that they were human and could hear they were searching for her. Getting up from her spot she made fake tracks down a path and climbed up a tree and made sure she was high off the ground. Not making a move she saw the same individuals that had chased her were trotting around the forest searching for her.

"She must have been scared right? Why else would she run away from us, we're the good guys."

"Maybe she has done things that aren't so heroic."

"She did seem frantic but once she got moving there wasn't any hesitation. "

"Most definitely trained, look at these fake footprints. We know she's injured and couldn't have gone far without stopping to rest." Robin stopped as Kid Flash caught his attention.

"Robin I found something, a pice of a new white bandage." Called Kid Flash.

"Spread out and look for her, this is her resting spot and the plants marked where she was resting and is somewhere nearby. Contact me if you find her and lead her back to the base."

Jane felt the flicker of energy inside start up. Her heart beat started to get stronger in her ears. Mussels tensed up. Still perched above the ground she held her breath, they didn't see her.

I haven't built up enough stamina to run nor fight my way out. My powers aren't responding probably because of a lack of use its capacity is low as well. I need to stay out of sight till it's clear but their stubbornness isn't letting up anytime soon. Robin was also trained, he caught on the fake footprints quickly. Once they spread out I could take them out individually then I'd stand a better chance.

A couple of leafs fell onto the ground.The green-skinned one suddenly looked up directly at Jane then back at the team. She flew to where Jane was perched on the base of a branch .

"Hi, I'm M'gann and these are my friends. We know your just scared and unsure about all of us. We can help you out of whatever situation your in."

Jane said nothing but Miss Martian continued.

"I know what those men did to you wasn't right, we've experienced similar things too. You see the one with the red s and black shirt? That's Conner, he was a science experiment as well, meant to fight Superman-"

"Who's Superman?"

"Justice League? Protectors of the World?Batman? Green Arrow?Cyborg?Wonder Woman? Green Lantern? Flash? Aquaman?"

Jane shook her head. "Sorry... are you guys part of this Justice League as well?"

"I wish, no we are the Young Justice. Kinda like a step down from them, most of us were sidekicks that were basically upgraded to a team." She smiled gleefully. "Your tactical, if it wasn't for Robin we'd probably be fooled by the tracks. We saw your powers and thought you'd be a good addition to the team."

Looking at the others below Jane gave her response. "And what are you going to do with me if I go back?"

"Well... that's decided between the Justice League."

Turning her head slightly towards the coast she hears something. "Did you hear that?" Jane said turning her head back to M'gann with a worried look.

"What are you talking about?" M'gann said with traces of worry.

Leaping and swinging down from the tops she made her way where the sound came from to see a ship. A few of them managed to keep up and saw it as well.

Whispering to each other they talked about the discovery.

"What is it doing here?"

Jane's eyes stared at the ship with a wide gaze.

"Let's go kick their butts"

Kid Flash charged into battle.

"So much for the element of surprise..."

In a blurry mess Kid Flash knocked down some of the men that were armed. All of them had white tuxedos and mascaraed masks on all with unique designs. Their attire was topped off with a black tie and clean, shinny shoes. Aqualad and Conner both joined in and the rest followed suit. Robin and Jane were the first to search the ship. They found crates, full of air. Each one of them were the same, they came her to get something besides Jane, harvest something. Artemis reporter a machine just outside the Phantom encampment. They put all the lackeys on the ship and set it to be afloat in the middle of the Atlantic and erase the existence of this island from the main server.

The mechanics of the machine were that it purified something to make the glowing substance found in Jane's room when Batman and the Justice League rescued her. They all immediately reported it to Batman through their communicators. They functioned like a team even Jane forgot she wasn't part of it when they headed back.

Kid Flash performed a comedic recollection of the battle in the living room. M'gann found it as always delightful while Artemis gave it a simple eye roll. Aqualad and Robin kept correcting him on details while Conner sat with Jane both just looking at him.

The Justice League has resumed the meeting previously and got out just before dinner. Bruce stepped out of the conference room and stood in front of the door.

Batman looked at her with his usual emotionless face that told nothing about what was about to happen. "Jane, can we speak in private?"