Chapter 21: Ivory

Rosin gave a small chuckle at the confusion that marked Batman's face.

"Honestly, did you actually believe that someone as strong as her was created by a child?"

Getting down from the bed she didn't fail to stand, walking with pride in her step and once she got to the door way she continued.

"You fools think something as precious as her would be recoded in a file or on a computer. It is the packs job to find one of our own. Sadly, that pack has died off to where it has gotten so weak that it must combine force to active its goal."

"We'll send half to retrieve project Ivory and some to retrieve Jane." said Batman.

"You can't retrieve Ivory without Jane, she can handle herself. We need to make sure it stays where it is."

"What even is project Ivory? What's the beast?"

"It sounds crazy when I try to explain but I'll do my best."

---------------------------

Jane heard the shaking ground as the men worked above her. The room that she was kept in was rather large but the limited tech was across the yellow line including the control panel for the thing that kept her captive. If she could send a current through the wire then maybe, just maybe she could escape.

Sudden she felt a line in her spine. Jane couldn't hold back the howl of pain that escaped her lungs. It was unlike anything she had felt. No electricity, injections or burn felt like this. Her lungs felt dry and she felt sick to her stomach. Lines of red traces her body. Something wasn't right, never was it red but next thing she knew she was free. The chains were still glowing bright orange from the heat. Horrified at what this meant Jane bolted out and into the sun.

Construction workers looked at her, one started to call the police. Pushing them out of the way she ran before something came up out of the ground. Parts of its skin looked to be made out bone. Fur poked out along its spine and it's mouth went out on a tip. It's eyes were silver like Jane's but had flecks of red and orange in them. It was enormous.

The creature spotted her in the middle of the street and started to charge at her. In fear Jane ran but her portals wouldn't work. The creature went over her head and covered her with its body. The tail she could see had the same bone like material pointed at the end, it was made up of four parts not a whole cone. Something inside of her made it feel safe to be near the beast.

Without notice the thing got up and faced her, bending down it invited her. Climbing on its head Jane sat gripping the strip of fur that ran down and then everything turned black.
---------------------------

Rosin got in her suit and with a mask on stormed into the hanger. Jumping into a smaller jet she ignored the yells of the heroes and took off. Quickly once she gout up into the air two others followed behind her. It didn't matter, the one that the team once called Doc warned what would happen if that thing got out. He was dead thus the duty passed to her, if that thing escaped Jane would need her more than ever to survive.

Canary got on the speaker. "Got something in North Carolina, Charlotte near a construction site. Reports are saying it came from the ground, two of them, one a werwolf and the other a demon."

"That's our beast, we need to get there before anyone gets hurt. Not much is known about it except somehow Ivory connects to Jane so be on the lookout."

"What are we looking for?"

"You'll know it when you see it. From what I've been told it's head is about the size of a car."

---------------------------

From the outside the white material went over its hair and protected the other one that was on the monster's back. It stumbled and shook its head before bolting down the street in confusion.