Chapter 11: Compose

"You sent her to a mental facility and didn't ask WHAT I THOUGHT?"

"Barry agreed to help, all we want is for her to get better."

"Do not bring me into this Bruce! Yo asked me if I could do you a favor, personally I don't want to get murdered today."

"She was M'gann's friend, she was healing."

"What do you think with the way we found her that it would be a good idea to lock her in another room?"

"Majority of us probably do deserve to be in a psych ward but we channel it positively."

"What if this turns her against us? She probably feels like we all betrayed her."

A screen flickered and a red trail appeared, it was moving too quickly to track real time but the energy left behind could be.

"She's running."

"No shit Sherlock..."

"Who should we send in?"

"M'gann could probably calm her down, Aqualad will lead them, Kid Flash and Flash could match her speed. If we send any non-super they would get injured."

They all turned back to the map, Jane had landed in one of Japan's smaller islands.

"We know she needs some time to recover the energy, this is where she'll be staying for a while. Gather up the team and head out, the longer we wait the trail becomes harder to follow."

---------------------------

Hussa and Jane walked down the hall and into a larger space that had windows on two of its sides.

"Oh, let me get you the surprise! Be right back!" She said cheerfully.

Taking a seat she looked out the window, leaves were falling and all around them were trees as far as the eye could see. Fitting that it's a mental facility and having a forest all around would prove some difficulty making a break for it especially at night. All the roots on the forest floor could trip anyone who's not carful. The doors opened and Hussa came back with a solid black case.

Jane glanced at it as Hussa took a seer next to her."A violin?"

"Yep!A lot of the other patients wanted to have a kind of tournament with each other for skill. You mentioned you could play it so if you wanted you could sign up."

"Could I...try to play it?"

"By all means go ahead."

Jane picked it up by the handle and sat it up on her lap. Unclipping it to reveal the faded brown violin. It had new strings on it and the bow hair was clean and had rosin on it already. Slowly pulling the bow and the violin out she placed the case on the side of he chair.

Standing up she adjusted it to fit under her chin. Hovering over the strings she placed her fingers to prepare for the notes in a song memorized long ago. Inhaling deeply as the notes of Chaconne flooded her mind. Playing it with such passion and articulations made it as though the song came alive.The strings vibrates harshly as the bow moved quickly, her body matched the tone Jane was playing. As it came to an end she opened her eyes to see a group of suppose patients were gathered. However, they were like her. Mutated. Looking closer she realized who they were. Dead. All of them were dead yet they all stood before her .

Simultaneously the group talked. "You heard our call, you never forgot us, your friends. Figuring out this was the Astral Plane was intelligent but you only made the jump after getting blasted to the wall. Everything before that was real. You must go back, find Namir. He has a cabin in Siberia, he was the first of us."

Waking up on a dirt path a small group of farmers who worked the rice fields stood over her. Rolling onto her side they spoke in whispers.

Coughing slightly Jane spoke. "W-Where am I?"

A man reached out his hand to her. " You must be an Okami, my name is Shino."

Grabbing it to get up she brushed herself off. "I am no god Shino San nor am I a wolf, only resemble one."

"Your powers?"

"Appearance and powers from accident years ago, from science."

"No photos, just seen by me and few trusted farmers. Promise."

"Where am I Shino?"

"Ah. Hokkaido, Japan."

"I need to be in Siberia but must rest, where should I stay?"

"My home there is only me and my research, I would be honored if you stayed."

"Only for one night, it's getting dark and must rest My name is Jane ."

"Follow Jane, I have food already cooked."

"Thank you for the hospitality."

Sitting with her legs folded she picked up the nice, carved, dark brown chopsticks and began eating.

"You are so skinny yet your stature seems muscular."

"Mistreatments are common, the world is not perfect nor fair."

"Why would you head to Siberia especially in your condition?"

" No doubt men will follow me. I am in need of help by another very similar to myself, Namir. Appearance of an old leopard, with him I will seek shelter."

"In marriage?"

"No, aid."

After the two finished Shino went to grab a set of clothing and shoes.

"From neighbors, happily donated."

Putting it on the tan long sleeve shirt bagged in the arms and the black pants bagged as well. Boots with tucked in pants were scuffed up from work.

" I will not be here in the morning so I wanted to say thank you for everything especially your kindness."

"Safest of travels."

Nodding Jane went to the guest room before hearing a knock at the door.

She could hear Shino talk to the people at the door.

Footsteps across the wooden boards of his one story house could be heard. Two others were in the house. Peaking out the window she saw the top of a jet, one that was in the hanger of Mount Justice. Shutting the blinds quickly but silently she listened to the footsteps in the living room pass her room. She was trapped.

Her breath got soft as she listened in.