Chapter 15: Engine

"There's no reason to worry, I can take them."

"Not in this pathetic state, your not fully healed."

"I'm not pathetic..."

"Then prove to me that your not."

"Nice attempt at manipulation."

"Your an alpha! Go prove to them that or else they will continue hunting you down just like a helpless deer. I'm not agile as I was in my youth, you are."

"Fine. Any suggestions?"

"Show them your power."

Placing the journal down softly on the chair Jane shut the door behind her.

It started snowing again. She could hear a snowmobile coming towards the cabin. Standing there, waiting with eyes glowing and hands in pockets. Two stopped once they saw the cabin. Flash and Kid Flash both had arrived before the snow mobile.

M'gann took off her helmet and got off her mobile. "Jane!"

"STOP!" She looked at her with a wide stance and put out her hand to signal what she was saying.

"Come any closer and I won't hold back."

Flash walked toward."Your not in any position to negotiate. Come with us quietly or else."

"I warned you... last chance."

"Please, we don't want anyone to get hurt."

Her eyes went silver as blackness formed around her hand and two wolf like creatures appeared. They had different colored eyes. Stepping forward defensively but none of them seemed surprised.

"So you found the file..." A whistle came from her mouth and the two lunged at the group. As they attacked Jane turned into her larger form. The one still stained with blood on its fur the group looked horrified and were distracted long enough for the two creatures to pin Flash and Kid Flash down and M'gann on her back.

"You sent me to a facility, locked me up like an animal and then you track me down. You are just like Phantom." The monstrous wolf growled.

"And look at you... bloodied from who knows what, killer of many, even your appearance is that of an animal."

"Dose that justify your actions?"

"No but neither dose yours!"

"You BETRAYED me, LIED to me and treat me lesser." Showing her fangs she crept closer.

"You my friend Jane, please."

Her head raised up and ears were forward, head held high. "I'll give you a chance but you have to catch me first."

The overgrown wolf ran off into the forest and managed to leave no trail to follow despite its size. The creatures held Flash and Kid Flash down in the snow as M'gann flew off tracking the wolf.

Namir stepped outside onto his porch before going to the two pinned down.

"I suggested to kill you both...look like there's hope for her yet." He walked down the steps and in front of the two.

He tapped Flash's shoulder and Kid Flash's temple and suddenly both passed out. Sighing he got up and left the two unconscious men laying in the snow as he sat in a chair on his porch. He hummed as the snow fell and the wind blew.

"Nice trick, you have gotten better since last time." Namir turned slightly to the side.

One of the trees glitched and the real Jane appeared. "How do you always know?"

"Seen the view at least a 1,000 times. You are not part of it."

"Looks like I need to up my game." Jane stepped onto the poach with Namir. "How long do you think it'll fool her? She even saw me run but left no prints behind."

"Don't get too cocky."

"Do you want me to get you anything in town?"

"See what's at the market, bundle up."

"I'll be back before 12."

---------------------------

"PLEASE JANE DON'T RUN!"

"Then what? What will they do to me?"

"I'll make sure that they don't put you there again!"

" I heard that once! Now look what happened! No one can be trusted!"

"Then why live with Namir?"

She stoped in the snow as M'gann floated towards her. She changed into her half form to stand up on two legs.

"How do you know that name?"

"Power of the internet"

Lunging at M'gann she easily dodged it but as she attacked her punch went through its body.

"Looks like I'm not the real one." It was smug before disappearing.

M'gann looked angrily before flying back to the cabin to see the two in the snow unconscious.

A voice could be heard behind her. " Played you just like her violin. Now, Jane didn't lay a hand on these two, this was with me. Do you know my ability?"

"No."

"My other names besides Namir or Attaf is Point Blank."

"T-That means?"

"I'll give you a hint, Jane is called Black Sheep, another with a certain stealth ability is called Red Herring, Fire-Foot has red scales and the ability to catch things on fire and throw flames."

"You can identify weak points."

"Did you think those bar fights were ironically won by me every single time?"

"Where's Jane?"

"Don't know but I wouldn't try it. Bring these two with ya."

M'gann pilled them on her snow mobile and tied them to it using bungee cords. Driving carefully through town she search for Jane. Nothing was out of the ordinary except for a small puppy limping slightly in the middle of the road. M'gann picked it up but found no owner. Deciding to bring it back with them since Flash and Kid Flash were out cold and needed to be taken to a medic. Who knows what that old leopard did to them? So she drove the mobile to the jet with them.

The pup squirmed the entire time and toddled around the jet. Flash was the first to awake and shortly K.F did as well.

"What happened? Did we catch Jane? Where is she?"

"Vanished, couldn't find her, she went into town."

The pup suddenly ran to M'gann and hid behind her legs. Peaking out behind one it eyed Barry.

"This cute little thing didn't have an owner so I thought I'd bring it back to the base."

Sighing Flash took a seat in one of the chairs. He found the pup nipping at his feet. Picking it up Barry let it sit on his lap.

"What are you going to name it?"

"I'm not sure yet but I was thinking Bain."

Tuning its head away to look out at the clouds.

"Looks like its following something, see how it moves it head."

"All that is out her is clouds, nothing else."

The pup gave a short growl before leaping at the window.