Chapter 16: Triange

Just as it touched the glass it turned into a gigantic wolf with blue lines and patterns tracing its fur. Pushing off the jet's tip it landed on something, the cloak shorted out as it bit deep into one of the back engines. Leaping to one of the wings it caused the enemy jet to spiral and take a nose dive. Hanging on by its claws the thing continued to rip the jet apart. Pice by pice until it finally exploded. A trail of blue light went beside of M'gann's jet and followed them back to Mount Justice.

Jane waited as they landed. Flash came out first.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!?"

"Shut up, I heard a couple of guys talking about infiltrating Justice League. I don't want any of you dead."

Robin, Black Canary and Batman came through the doors to welcome the recon team after a successful mission. Jane had obviously recovered well in a couple amount of days. She was taller and more muscular than before. Appearing more like an agent trained for combat every minute you analyze her. No longer was she the scrawny child but a hardened warrior.

"YOU!" Jane spun around quickly to see Batman.

"Give me one good reason not to blast you into the wall..."

"We already and specialized equipment so that it more of a fair fight."

"You tricked me and then locked me up. You broke your promise and I came back to tell you something..."

"That would be?"

"Yo-" Jane hesitated for a minuet before sighing. "I still don't trust you but...I-I don't have anyone else... Namir is too old for this stuff anymore."

Her ears were folded back and she looked off to the side ashamed. "I'm sorry my emotions got the better of me. If you kick me out I understand."

Canary placed her hand on Jane's shoulder. "Looks like your time off did you some good. I expect you to be even better in training tomorrow."

Batman glared at Black Canary as Jane was smothered by M'gann's death grip.

Kid Flash shook his head. "Forgot to bring a souvenir." He sped off into his room to play his video game.

"Canary why would you let her back in willingly?"

"She said it herself, where would she have gone Bruce? To a lab? Sold off on the black market? Besides, I already got her a room."

Leaving the face palming bat behind in the hanger Canary went inside.

"We all have our days, let's stay out of the whole 'drug our members and send them to a mental facility' for a while."

The two, Batman and Flash walked inside into a sudden hell.

Dodging a knife quickly Batman scowled in the direction thrown to see no one but around it was a different story. Two sides clearly divided by the doorway. Jane had Robin pinned to the wall, Aqualad had a wide stance in the middle with both hands indicating to stop. Artemis pointed an arrow at Jane while M'gann was almost on top of Artemis. Robin aimed at M'gann. Any move and it set off a chain reaction, trust was to say nicely shattered and this was what was left.

Batman rub his eyes."I need a cup on coffee...everyone stand down."

They all shifted and strained their positions, tempting to attack.

"NOW!"

Black Canary put a hand across to stop Batman.

"Look, everyone just calm down. On the count of three we all lower our position and disarm. If you don't then I'll make sure you do. 1...2...3"

It worked everyone lowered and stood straight like a pencil. Glaring at each other before Canary spoke again.

"Now, what the fuck happened in the 2 seconds we were in the hanger? Anyone want to explain?"

"You let her back in that's what's happening."

"If I didn't come back then those..."

"Yea... what did attack us?"

"Nothing, they are burned to the ground in a pile of rubbish."

"No, no, no, no, if your staying here no more secrets."

"Just... it might be someone I knew."

"Shit, who is it?"

"No one knew who he really was only called himself Dagger. That's all I know."

"Any ties with him? Last time you seen him?tracker?"

"Any devices would be shot out, one might say that my ability dose not like them. Last time I saw him was almost 4 years ago. Not ties after he stabbed us in the back. Those scars on my back are from his goons. He fucking branded me."

"Deep."

Canary hung her head after an eye roll at the side comment. "Everyone get to your room and cool off. M'gann lead Jane to her's please."

"Yes ma'am."

The pair tuned the corner into a hall full of doors.

"Looks like we're neighbors."

"So is everyone else. So..I'll just go on in."

Opening the door slightly she turned around slightly.
"I'm fine, go rest. You've been chasing me all week." Smiling Jane went into her room.

Stepping in and closing the door it felt conferrable. Like magic she finally felt safe, she felt like she belonged, she felt that she could finally breath again. Something that she hasn't felt in a long time, she had hope for some sort of normal. Walking towards the bed she felt it's stiffness to feel like it would t swallow her, the mat next to the bed was woven and picked at her fur just enough. Nothing in the room was too luxurious, this was her comfort. It gave her just enough to continue to be on guard yet to also let it down her walls.

Seeing a closet Jane opened it to see a couple of suits. Chuckling slightly she looked up at the ceiling.

"You wouldn't take no for an answer, huh?"

She went to the other wall and tugged slightly at the drawer to see tank tops, the one below is a mixture of pants and the top most one is undergarments. Dressing into comfortable clothing Jane sat on the bed.

She sat like that for hours but couldn't bring herself to sleep. Her mind continued to race in circles over every decision and action, how every turn could have done better to please something inside of her. A fire burned inside of her, a hunger for blood barely contained from something stronger.

It was the other side of her powers trying to come out, Jane knew how to control it but she didn't know for how long. She was a grenade about to blow.