Chapter 13: Drink

She walked to the nearest bar that was popular and full of laughter from those getting off work. Jane didn't have anything to make her more human so she took a nice jacket, jeans and flannel from the neighboring shop out in the back. Walking straight in the volume dimmed and the music stopped as she approached the bar. A nice shot black haired fellow was the bar tender in uniform. Quite shocked to see a rather short wolf-like appearance dressed in human clothing fear and surprise showed clearly on his face as he stumbled back.

"C-can I help you?"

"Possibly..." Looking him in the eye intensity before turning around Jane held her head high and showed no emotion.

"Ladies, Gentlemen and anything in between do any of you know where I can find someone by the name of Namir. Lives alone, in a cabin, appears to be a descendent of a snow leopard, mysterious appeared without any identification, traumatized, unusual scaring and has even more unusual powers."

The crowed was quiet and a couple of coughs and whispers here and there. One man who was sitting near the pool table in a far corner spoke.

"Think she's a talking bout old Attaf."

A burst of laughter and snorts came from many as Jane navigated through the crowed as it continued with its business.

"Attaf, where can I find him?"

"Bah, he is as crazy as it gets. Talks about shadows out to get him, holds a rifle on his lap all day on his porch. What is he to you?"

"I need his help."

"I bring him groceries every week, too afraid to come into town. Too paranoid. You can come with me tomorrow, gettin colder, sun don't show its face often."

"Where would you suggest I do? I don't have the money to afford a room nor would I burden another with my presence in their house. Besides, if you just give me the directions I'm sure that I can handle myself."

"Eh, what's your name again?"

"Some call me Black Sheep."

"Your THAT freak?!?"

Her eyes lit up slightly. " I am not a freak."

"Look, I don't care what ya do to Attaf long as I keep my head."

"Then show me WHERE he is..."

--------------------------

"Shit, tracker malfunctioned and we lost he signal."

"It didn't malfunction Canary. Barry's team built it, Jane must have found a way to destroy it."

"It doesn't matter now, the recon team is still searching but all they have is wooded areas of Siberia and no traces of Jane."

Green Arrow came in with a file and plopped it down in front of Black Canary.

"Did the research you asked, this is what happened in 2 months."

Slowly she peaked at the file to find a small building where others who escaped from Phantom lived. Making a living on the first floor bar but trained in a lower level below the bar. Even fitted with a lab and infirmary the place was well outfitted with security. The building collapsed 3 days before Jane was restrained in their facility. She was, on record, the only survivor. Something else was on it as well, a couple of outfitted ones who had attacked other Phantom bases and rescued other test subjects. On another page was Jane, fully masked with the title "Black Sheep" but the powers listed were not what they expected.
-------------------------

Their breath could be seen, the sun was making its way down. The same man Jane met at the bar was ahead of her dressed in a fur jacket he lead her to a cabin. It had smoke from the fire place burning its wood. Someone was taking residence as the lamp of the kitchen was on. A whitened muzzle could be seen, long, thin whiskers poked out. Its ears had a black ring around it as it's pink flesh showed slightly. Black spots and markings were on its neck and face. His eyes were a mix of a light green to a piercing yellow. Base coat was grey as his chest was white. Namir had on a dark blue shaw over his brown shirt. He was making tea, placing a pot on the gas stove he went and sat in the living room out of sight.

"Don't want my head blown off, this is as far as I go."

"Be safe, light speed."

"Funny, life isn't a bed of rocks."

Shaking her head Jane walked up the porch as the man disappeared in the forest. She could hear rustling inside.

"WHO IS IT?" He yelled from inside the house.

"368, Black Sheep."

"SHE DIED WITH THE REST OF EM! WHO ARE YOU REALLY?"

Jane made a portal from outside to inside the cabin.

"In the flesh, in the blood. Straight from hiding but the path isn't so long gone."

Scoffing Namir put down the gun. "You came here knowing my ability, how did you escape them again?"

"Bit of luck I assume. I had...travels to the Astral Plane on accident-"

"FOOLISH! You know what happened to your brother could end up happening to you."

"I got hit by an exact opposite energy of my own and into a wall. I escaped 2 times and one was by Phantom but the other were costume heroes that were trained."

"Well...lets sit, I'm making tea."
---------------------------

M'gann has been on her computer after the recon mission. Until she came across multiple videos.

Wearwolf in Bar
Siberian Fun Brings Out Wild
Danger in Bar
Talking Wolf(No CGI, All Real)

They all were recording the same thing. It was Jane but seemingly more muscular and taller, her appearance was fuller. The scrawny, short, weak little fluff ball that came in covered with wounds was a distance past. She was still wounded but the rest was different, even her attitude was different.

A cold shiver went down her spine as she watched video after video. Eventually she found the location and the man who she was seeing.

Attaf, Namir.