Chapter 3 : Spoken

Laughter and conversation gave a sudden halt. The air was still. Everyone waited for her response even though the answer was almost rhetorical. Giving a slow inhale Jane stood up and walked in the conference room with a bland expression.

She kept a stone face on as she took a seat and looked downward at the table's surface. The room was quite. Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Flash, Green Arrow, Superman and Martian Manhunter all were sitting towards the head of the round O shaped table and left gaps between them and her. Slowly did Batman walk to the other end of the room and the faces tracked his movement.

"Two days ago many of you had a mission off the coast of Norway and into the island Alden. Our sensors indicated heavy weaponry and a underground facility that had no recorded of existence.Encountering armed men and androids Wonder Woman found Jane, an enhanced individual whom was kept in said facility for over 4 years. Many of the other rooms beside her were cleaned but had a series of numbers on them, these were other subjects and experiments that died prior to our arrival."

He flipped through photos from the files recovered and stopped at a projected photo of her file.

"Marking her as a 'highly dangerous' individual Jane or subject 368 from this file they kept her under 24/7 surveillance and had around 60 individuals to prevent another escape. Obviously organization believed that even keeping her malnourished and bound she was still a threat. This is because of her ability: portaling."

Batman clicked to the next slide to show a clear photo of her jumping midway between portals.

"We have agreed that this ability would be helpful to our counter part, Young Justice. Believing in this our decision is that once your nutrition levels have risen and you've gained some more weight Jane will complete a timed obstacle course using previous knowledge, training and strategies. Taking in wether or not you complete it, how long completion took and skill sets to see if you are capable of joining Young Justice and what training is required. Dismissed."

Just like that Jane left the room and went back to the dining area where the others were. Robin was especially nosey to know what happen.

"So, what did he say? Are you staying?"

"For now at lease..."

"What depends wether or not you stay?"

"He mentioned an obstacle course that I have to do."

Everyone traded glances at their prior knowledge of it. "No one here has complete it."

"Perhaps he adjusted it."

"When have you known Batman to be easy on someone? It's going to be the same as it always is Aqualad."

In a terrible attempt to lighten the mood Kid Flash spoke. "At least now we won't have to hear Robin blabber on about something we did wrong during a mission . He'll be too focus on every little thing Batman tells or asks you."

"Hey!" Robin showed his teeth at Kid Flash he stood up and leaned on the table.

It was like Batman could teleport too because everyone saw the had that was laid on Robin's shoulder. Tracing the arm to what face it belonged to see the unamused, stone cold face of Batman. Many gave a slight scream and jump at the surprise visitor. A nervous chuckle died out of Kid Flash. Robin looked at Batman and got up and out of the room. Flash pulled Kid Flash, next was Green Arrow who pulled Artemis and Conner, Aqualad was pulled by Superman, M'gann pulled by Martian Manhunter leaving Jane picking up the reminders of dinner off the table.

Black Canary sat at the table that was now cleared off. Looking from the kitchen Jane glanced up to see the back of her head. Jokingly she questioned her.