Chapter 18: Intel

"So, Red has been tracking you for the last month."

"Yep."

"Did you know about it?"

"A hunch but I didn't want to assume something like she was alive but rather a clone of another had been created. I didn't go with my instinct."

"Are you two in a active relationship?"

"Um..."

Batman interrupted. "Canary that enough, I'm having the two on a lesser mission. I want to see them in combat."

Turning to face him Canary responded sharply. "We can do that here."

"Learning from my mistakes!"

He left the room with Black Canary at his side leaving Jane and Red in opposite interrogation rooms next to each other. Sitting against a wall both of them waited till someone came back.

"They really don't trust you huh B?"

"Can you blame them?"

"Why are they calling you Jane?"

"That is my birth name."

"What's wrong with Black Sheep?"

"They consider our names as agents different from regular names."

Thinking for a moment before responding."...Rosin. That was my name."

Jane chuckled slightly.

"What?"

"You've never told me your birth name before."

"So you really trust them?"

"Did I say that I did? It's mutual."

The door opened that connected the two interrogation rooms. Jane walked into Rosin's and they sat together in the chairs, not on the floor and continued to talk knowing that the mirror was a one sided window.

"Want to prove our iron?"

"Not here, we're still in the base."

"Why is your energy different?"

"It happens at Namir's. They have a file on me but I don't know who else. Are you sure the rest of them are dead? No clones or anything?"

"Spent the past 2 years making sure, this last one was leading them to you."

"I wondered if they were getting lazy, losing funds or if it was someone."

"Little of each, only way I found you in the first place was them removing the cameras and adding the extra guards. I saw them dumping bodies but I heard your screams every day at the same time."

"And you did do something to help."

"Not soon enough, I should have gone in there and killed every one of those basters."

"You'd end in the street as just another rag in an alleyway."
--------------------------

"Both of them are trained. If one think they could take down 63 full grown men they know something we don't."

"Their powers?"suggested Canary

"No, Jane said that Namir was too old for this but he took down two speedsters, knocked them out, something made him weaker then the rest."

Canary's eyes shot up."Desire, they wanted to break probably one of the powerful alpha's out there. They succeeded with Namir, he was that to Jane, her rock in the beginning. Protecting the next in line but Rosin let her know she doesn't need to any longer. They hide meaning in words and even more in what they don't say."

"They only speak about the surface things, no laughter, no crying, no stuttering, they know more than they are saying. I mean why now? Why come back into a base you don't know and get both the person your trying to save and yourself locked up in a room?"

"They aren't human, there's a reason they were locked up and tested on and it's not because of their abilities."

"Where did they go to school?"

"Not in the file."

"Can't tell if they are telling the truth because they were trained to lie for years."

"Why go with a rag in the street?

Canary thought for a moment with her head staining at the two things in the room and suddenly an idea struck her "Check the news."

Rushing to a computer she simultaneously explained her thought process. "Rag in the street could be a title of an article or referring to one. Three years were only mentioned, not the fourth, not the first one when they arrived. That gives us a time line. Only two weeks are midterms, they've been dropping hints, planning this the entire time... It wasn't a mistake look, Jane Morris age 14 didn't go missing during that time, it was during a different test."

"We played right into their hands and we still don't know their endgame."

"Here, they were taking...an acceptance test to a university? That doesn't make sense...they were freshman not juniors."

"What school were these student competing for?"

"All that they say is a test to get into a pristine university."

"For who?"

"I don't know but all of them scored high on past exams and all of their grades were high."

"You got access to student files?"

"Let's go with that."

---------------------------
Canary came into the room.

"I need to clear up a couple of things I found on file. NED, what dose that stand for?"

Jane answered. "Near Death Experience, it happens when I go to the Astral Plain sometimes ."

"Rosin, did you have an NDE?"

"No, but I can give some signs in the AP."

"Can you turn into anyone?Anything?"

"As long as I have a photo or have seen them and have the stamina for it yes but I don't do it often."

"How long have you been hanging around Mount Justice?"

"Since Jane came here."

"Do you know what we do?"

"Generally speaking yes, you are champions of this world."

"Are you both implying there is more universes and dimensions?"

"Yes, Barry can even confirm this because of his travels to Flashpoint. Even before that there were others. He just expanded it."

"Jane, can you travel through time?"

"Rephrase."

"Can you go back in time?"

"I never attempted, it would be too dangerous. I could cause a paradox or a collapse."

"Can you go forward?"

"Technically yes since I have portals to travel in different places but I don't walk so I jump through space. I haven't gone into the future since all the possible outcome and I may not get back to my timeline."

"What do your other powers do?"

"I don't trust them enough to find out."

"Are you scared of them."

"No because I wouldn't be the one who gets hurt."