✖ᴍᴀʀʏ ʟɪɴᴛᴏɴ ✖

A day later and the two men started to avoid each other not knowing what to say..they'd talk a little when they woke up but the talk was more like a mutual friendship conversation..

The morning Arthur woke up he had left the camp to go out and eat luckily for him he found a town called valentine. The folks and women there were nice, he'd spent only 10 dollars there since he was hungry and thirsty.

Arthur's whole time here was meant to take his mind off things, he wanted to forget about what him and John had did but also wanted to get over Mary who had broken up with him.

Damn father, he would complain.

Only that old rusty man had a hatred towards him putting bad things inside his own daughters mind just to have her breakup with the outlaw. He took another swig of whiskey after he'd been here for what felt like hours.

His heart was hurt..

And John had gotten to him just when he needed to be loved, that boy was something. He wouldn't admit it but he enjoyed last night, for once he didn't think of Mary and her cowardly father.

He waved his hand at the bartender giving him another 50 cents the man gave him another drink which he gulped down within a couple seconds.

And boy was he feeling tipsy he practically fell off the stool just now, he wanted nothing more than to just drown in whisky to be happy but he couldn't not with his heart broken like this..

Maybe he needed his brother, no he wanted John to fix his problems he felt a itch. A need. wanting to return to that boy and just shove him against some tree then fuck him senseless but he didn't bother he stays put buying more drinks.

All until a beautiful women with curly brown hair came into the saloon laughing and dancing seductively around the old men here. He wanted to take his chance standing up and walking over towards her.

He came up behind her almost tripping foolishly as he did then twirled the women around she giggled softly her green eyes resting on his. "Well look at you.." She smirked. He placed his hands on her hips then leaned towards her ear.

"Say..how bout we get you upstairs."

The women giggled nodding excitedly knowing what the man had wanted. "Aren't ya goin to ask how much it cost sir?"

"Call me Arthur." He introduced backing away. "I'm sure I have enough money to pay.."

She smiles taking his hand in hers, "Eliza's my name, pleasure to meet you handsome."

The two ended up sleeping together during the day..

Then when night arrived he simply puts on his hat and leaves a tip calling it a night, when he arrived back at camp Dutch and Hosea was there not looking so happy to see the young man.

He walked up to the both of them his head pounding from all that drinking he did and simply stood in front of them expecting some kind of lecture.

"Where the hell have you been son?" Dutch glared taking a seat in his chair but Arthur didn't say anything he just wanted to go back to his tent and rest. "Arthur? What's gotten into you, you've nearly been missing all day yesterday and today. That's not like you.." Hosea frowns.

Arthur scratches behind his ear awkwardly, he wasn't getting away so easily he had to come up with something. "I've been busy.."

"With what?" Dutch questioned confusingly Arthur thanked the darkness they couldn't see his face, he had so many emotions that he couldn't even hold in.

"Me and Mary parted ways.." A wave of relief was what he felt when he finally just tells the men what he was dealing with but deep down he was still torn.

Hosea sighs coming up to Arthur and pulling him in a embrace. "..How come you haven't told us. Me." He corrected, Dutch scowls. "S'nothing I'm fine.."

But he wasn't..

When he looked to the side he could see John standing there in the dark by some tree, he stared directly at him like he wanted to say something. Instead Arthur looks away pulling away from Hosea.

"You sure? It must be tough on you.." Hosea says knowing he'd experienced that himself with a women named Bessy.

"Yeah. I'll be alright, I just need to rest."

Dutch stood up walking inside his tent, "You go do that son." He sat on his bed picking up a random book. "Then when you wake up have a talk with John..somethings troubling him as well."

"Sure.." Arthur nods he left the two to talk alone going off to his tent when he glanced over at the tree John stood at the younger man was gone.