★ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ☆

Arthur went into town immediately seeing John's horse hitched to the pole in front of the saloon they'd been to many times recently, he got of his horse making sure it was hitched.

Then walked on in the saloon hearing the music play and people chatting, he looked around for John expecting to see a drunk young man stumbling about the place.

But instead he seen Marston sitting at the bar eating and drinking alone, he just hoped John wasn't drunk.

He walked over pulling out a stool and sitting right beside him, John looked eyes getting wide seeing who was here. "Arthur?"

"Thought you were gettin the ladies what they wanted.." Arthur brought up instantly making John firmly close his mouth.

"I am.." John says but quickly noticed he wasn't even in the store to buy the women back at camp what they wanted. "..I was." He corrected.

"What got you to come in here John?"

John didn't say anything he just looks back at his plate of food picking at the small pieces of meat, before finally dropping his fork and taking a swig out of his drink.

"Marston.." Arthur sighs,

John's eyes met Arthur's and he frowned. "I'm sorry." He looked down at his lap, "I just, I can't handle this..all of this, I can't handle us. I can't handle Dutch's stares I c-"

"Jus stop all the damn yapping Marston." Arthur chimed in, Instead of John talking back he pressed his lips firmly together listening to what Arthur said.

"Sometimes you jus need to learn how to not overthink things."

John's eyes wavered towards the older outlaw, knowing the man was right but he couldn't stop thinking the only time he did was when he fell asleep..

"Cmon." Arthur says, as he gets off his stool John got up and followed behind silently they both walked out the saloon.

John was about to get onto his horse when Arthur went and stopped him pulling the man back down.

John's brows furrowed confusedly, "What?"

"Your suppose to buy the ladies what they wanted, remember?" Arthur reminds him with a smirk.

John curses in his head he wanted to hope Arthur had quickly forgotten about that, "Yeah. I remember.."

————————————————————

When John finished getting everything he came out of the store seeing that Arthur was already on his horse pulling the reins towards him, while whistling for the other horse to follow.

"Sometimes I wonder If yer a lady or not." Arthur jokes.

"Shut up Morgan." John groans getting up onto his horse, "..half the stuff I couldn't even fuckin find."

Arthur snickered as they both pulled their reins making their way outta town, "have you tried asking the clerk?"

"Didn't feel like talkin." John answers,

"Yet you feel like talking to me."

John glances at the older man, "Maybe s'cause I'm interested in you."

"s'That a compliment or you tryin to flirt?" Arthur questioned giving him one glance before looking back forward.

"Little bit of both."