✞ʟᴏᴠᴇ✞

The next day came around and Arthur was unsure how to respond to John's confession, all this time the younger cowboy loved him and he hadn't seen it.

Was he even ready to love someone again aside from Mary Linton? Sure, they parted ways years ago. Maybe he should move on.

But he can't because of Dutch and the rest of the gang not knowing what they would think of the two being together in ways like that. He could already hear the name calling in his head.

Before he woke up he had a dream, it wasn't bad somewhat normal and comforting he remembered waking up with John by his side who was also entirely naked under the white blanket.

In the dream they had just made love,

John moved over towards him resting his head on his chest not realizing that he was dreaming, Arthur placed his lips on John's head then combed his fingers apologetically through John's hair.

"..Was I too rough with you last night darlin?"

John looked up at him smiling while shaking his head in disagreement, "No you were good..real good."

Arthur kept his fingers in John's hair not wanting this to end but this being a dream it had too, he looked at his fingers seeing something. The color gold.

A ring? Their married..

John must've notice him looking directly at his engagement ring because he moved from laying on his chest and sat up showing off his gold ring as well.

John leaned down placing his lips on his, Arthur immediately kissed back it was passionate for a minute or two when John pulled back to breathe. "..I love you Arthur."

In the dream Arthur loved John, he truly did and this all felt so real to him. "I love y-"

He woke up breathing heavily like he just started to breathe again, looking around to find that he was alone in his tent. His son must've just woken up hungry and begging Pearson to make him food.

Arthur soon left his tent once again bright sunlight hitting directly at his eyes, He immediately seen John talking with Dutch which he found to be odd since he wasn't all that close to him he was more Hosea's boy.

John looked back at Arthur his heart somewhat pounding against his chest.

And shit, he couldn't look away the older outlaws eyes were so blue against the light he can't even pay attention to what Dutch was saying.

It all felt like just the two of them were in slow motion just looking at each other, Dutch's words were quiet and faint John wanted him, wanted to be with the man.

And every since he admitted his feelings towards Arthur he waited for the man to admit it back but never gotten it..

John was going to try his best to have Arthur fall in love with him before Abigail gives birth, and if he does he'll stay just to be with Morgan.

Arthur blinked looking away from John not knowing why he was staring but strangely it felt like time slowed for the two of them. He didn't think more of it and walks off to find his son.

"John. You listening to me son?" Dutch calls out seeing that he was staring off into space.

John only blinks rapidly, he really was into the thought of winning over Arthur's heart and he couldn't wait. He looked at Dutch. "M'sorry Dutch, but what did you say?"

Dutch groans pinching the bridge of his nose, "I asked you why'd you choose to rob now?"

"And alone." Dutch adds,

John only smiles to himself, Arthur only really cared whenever he did a successful robbery.

Doing a robbery alone would definitely increase his chances of getting together with him. "We jus need some more money, jus a few more change and we'll be settled."

"I can do this Dutch, I'll prove it to you." He says.

He'll prove it to Arthur..

Dutch only hums thinking to himself he couldn't really put his finger to it but John seemed a little different now much more confident..

He hadn't seen this side of John in a while, "Then you better prove me right, I'll let you rob this cabin bu-" 

"No buts, I will do this without someones help."

Dutch was taken back at that he couldn't help but agree, "Fine alright, just be careful son."

John smiles widely, "Of course."

Back where Arthur was he found his son sitting next to Hosea by on some random large log he was being read to by the old man.

He came up behind them a leaf cruching under his boot enough caught the attentions of Isaac and Hosea making them both turn their heads and look up at him. "Look who's finally up." Hosea says with a soft smile.

Arthur tipped his hat, "What you learnin there son?"

Isaac took the book from Hosea and held it up for Arthur to see, "I'm learning about outlaws."

He smiles seeing the book that Hosea had read to him when he was around Isaacs age it was weird to see that it was still looking brand new.

"Well I won't disturb you two, let me know when your done."

"Okay!" Isaac beams placing the book back onto his lap to reread the last sentence he was struggling on.

"You okay Arthur?" Hosea asked his son, something looked off about the man seeing even if he did talked calmly, but he still could see right through Arthur's true emotions and he found him to be tensed but didn't know why.

"Sure..why'd you ask?" Arthur answers flatly,

"You just seem les..you." Hosea says with a sigh there was definitely something wrong with the boy, and he knows he isn't going to get a real answer from him Arthur had been that way since he was little never wanting to talk about his emotions or feelings.

Hosea decides to drop it and let Arthur work out his issues like he always did. "You stayed in camp long enough, just go out riding. Breathe in some fresh air.."

"You'd watch Isaac?" Arthur ask brows rising, for a second there he thought the old man would push him for a answer but instead he lets him leave.

"Like a eagle Arthur, just go."

Arthur moved forward to ruffle his sons hair before he went off to his horse, and for a split second he looked around for John but didn't see him.

Guess that was a good sign,