❦ʙᴀᴅ ʟᴜᴄᴋ

Arthur came back into camp just as the moon shined brightly, some people were still up. Well just the ladies anyways, every known working man was sleeping or at least he thought so.

After that bath he had he couldn't stop thinking, he couldn't stop thinking of Marston and seeing that he was here since old boy was hitched to the post. He only assumed John must be sleeping in his own tent.

Ginny waved at him, he tipped his hat before walking inside his tent reaching over for the lamp that wasn't lit, he took out a lighter and brought it closer to the lamp lighting every thing up inside his tent.

His son was sleeping peacefully in the bed Susan had given him, Arthur came over taking off his boots and gamblers hat placing it on the small stand beside his bed then he went off to bed in his thoughts.

Just thinking..

————————————————8:52 am.

When the sun rose again Arthur woke up to the sound of his son whimpering snapping him right out of his dazed dreams. Isaac was known to being crying from time to time.

It's been rough on him even though he acts tough he still knows that he lost his mother, and that's usually the reason why he started crying.

But this time it was different,

Arthur looked at his son frowning slightly he asked him what was wrong and all he got was. "..Pa? Are we ever goin to be normal.."

That comment alone made his heartache for a kid that didn't hit the age 10 yet he was surely smart..as Arthur would say he was like his mother.

"One day, and when the time comes we'll have a nice home. a nice-" "-I'll have a horse?!"

Arthur nods, "Course."

Soon Arthur and Isaac left the tent saying morning to everyone in camp, Isaac was the first to find something to do he went over to Dutch Arthur guessed he wanted to listen to the old mans music.

He started to head to his horse wanting to clean off the dried up dirty and mud, but instead he stopped in his tracks when he heard someone arguing.

Arthur found that to be Abigail and John they never argued before or maybe they did and he just didn't hear the two, the whole gang were looking at John and Abigail.

John must've said something stupid to test the women's nerves..

"This baby is yours rather you like it or not John." Abigail glared at the young man who just scowls at her.

Arthur came over not wanting to hear them bickering some more getting in between the two.

He gave John a look just when Marston went to snap at Abigail, he shuts his mouth with a firm click and reined himself in.

"Marston go get yourself a drink."

John takes in a deep breath before walking away, Arthur wasn't sure if he should go and talk to him or not. "You alright?" He asked Abigail who just gives him a soft smile and nods.

"I'm fine, it's just John, being John.." Abigail sighs but Arthur knows that she isn't alright that women cared for John he could see it, the only issue is that John didn't care for her or the child he only cared about himself.

"I'll go have a word with him."

Arthur had made up his mind..