☾ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ☽

John came back to camp pulling out the stash of cash from his satchel he hitched his horse nearby and got down from old boy. Dutch caught eye of one of his sons and came over to see if things went well.

Dutch watched as John held up the one hundred dollars before tossing it to him, for once he actually smiled from the likes of John. "Is that enough to keep the camp going?" The younger outlaw asked him.

He nods, "Course it is, you did good and that is what surprises me. What's gotten into you son?"

John shrugs only he knew why but he needed a false excuse for Dutch he couldn't tell the man his thoughts he wasn't even sure if he'd ever tell him or not. "Think I woke up on the right side of the bed today." John finally answers.

Dutch only hums to himself maybe the boy did for once, "So if you woke up on the right side today, why are you here talking with me and not Abigail?"

John immediately got the chills thinking of that women, just as he started to forget she was carrying a child. Dutch knew John didn't want to become a father and so did Arthur and the rest of the camp.

And because of Abigail he can't be with Arthur..

John sighs, "I.." he couldn't find words to say his mind completely going blank,

"John..go talk with her and become a father, even if it ain't yours the child deserves two parents." Dutch says.

"Maybe later.." John mumbles, he started to walk away from Dutch not wanting to hear anything else that dealt with Abigail. "Enjoy the money Dutch."

He went around searching for Arthur, looking by the fire but not going anywhere close to it since Abigail sat there in a chair knitting some baby socks he guessed.

John knows he left since he couldn't find him earlier he just didn't know where the outlaw had gone or even when he left. He could see Isaac talking with Hosea, Arthur wouldn't leave without asking somebody to watch his son.

He came over to them seeing that they were playing a game of cards at the main table,

Hosea shifted the cards then passed over each card to little Isaac, the boy was pretty good at this game just like his father Arthur he was proud that his son ha taught the kid.

"Hey, Hosea? Have you seen Arthur."

Hosea stopped passing the cards and looked at John who took a seat right by Isaac, who was on the other side of the table. "No, but I did told him to go out riding since he looked a bit tensed up."

Tensed? Arthur was tensed?

John nibbles at his bottom lip, knowing that he was the reason why Arthur had left camp in the first place and to top that the man left tensed..

Isaac yawned tiredly as he rubbed his eyes, "..I'm sleepy.." He says as he places his cards down and gives them back to Hosea who took them and piled them up together.

"You go on off to bed Isaac." Hosea says seeing the boy get up from his seat,

Isaac nods yawning again, "Okay.."

"G'night uncle Johnny," Isaac adds heading back to Arthur tent to rest.

The sun had started to set just as John laid his head down on the table again, "Do you think I'm fit enough to be a father?"

Hosea smiles warmly, "Every men is fit to be a father John and you can surely become one."

John blinked up at Hosea sighing quietly, "Can I tell you something that'll make you think otherwise.."

Hosea wasn't sure what John had meant by that but nodded wanting to know.

John on the other hand felt the need to tell the old man about his issues maybe he'd understand. "Jus don't tell Arthur..he'd kill me."

He would if he heard about this,

Now Hosea was actually a bit worried to what John was about to say it was involving Arthur, maybe this is the reason why Arthur looked the way he did before he left camp. "I can keep a promise John."

John looked down at his fingers biting his lower lip nervously, "..I'm not fit to be a father because...I love Arthur."