☾18☽

Time was skipping fast for everyone days turned into weeks then they turned into months, Isaac was welcomed into the camp by the entire gang the poor boy was still hesitant about everything.

He didn't know a single thing about a outlaws life, but it hadn't taken the kid long to understand.

Isaac was like his mother but he was more like Arthur in some ways especially with how adventures he was, John had heard him mention how he wanted to hunt all the best horses in the entire west.

John could say he grew on the boy a bit maybe it's cause he sees Arthur within the boy..

But now he's hiding away from everyone, a couple months ago Abigail announced to everyone in camp that she was pregnant, and that the baby was his.

Of course he didn't believe a single word she had said thinking that she chose him cause he was one of the easy ones, or maybe she thought he was good with kids because of Isaac being here..

Arthur even tried to put some sense into his head, but he still refused to be the father of that child seeing how much responsibility it was to take care of Isaac..he can't have one of his own.

How was he suppose to escape all of this, running away was a instant thought he just had to find the perfect time and day..

And that was the day of the baby's birth that would be arriving real soon.

When John opened his eyes, the sun was up once again. He blinked and rolled over, groaning slightly as he did so, another painful day with everyone telling him he should suck it up and become a father like Arthur.

Right now he hates his life..

He did his same morning routine and was left to chop wood, Isaac was beside him reading a book or maybe drawing inside of it.

"Hey..uncle Johnny?"

John looked over at Isaac humming for a answer.

"If it's a boy, can he be like my brother?" Isaac asked innocently his eyes having that hopeful spark he usually had.

"Sure.." John answers with a shrug,

"You and pa are brothers, and grew up together what was it like?" Isaac adds.

What were they like? He couldn't tell the boy they had been together a while ago..he couldn't even tell him that they had fought so many times, hearing that could upset a kid or at least he thought so.

"Well to tell you the truth Isaac, I looked up to him like a real brother even learned some things from him." John started what he was saying was true and the boy seemed interested.

"That means the baby would look up to me." Isaac says smiling, but never taking his fingers off the pencil.

"Yeah."

John sighs quietly to himself, he made a promise to himself that he'd leave. Leave and never return even if it started to hurt leaving Arthur behind..

But the older man never really took a liking towards him, it was just sex like Arthur had said years ago but to John he wanted them to be together and at times it felt like that, now it's nothing but constant complaining about one another.

He stood up, Isaac looked up brows furrowing looking a bit confused.

All these months, years, Arthur and him had and they never really gone on a proper date? He was left confused outta his mind.

The thought to just tell Morgan how he really felt came across and took control of his body..

He was going to tell him before the day of the child's birth.