Chapter 7

Hilbert has hugged onto Hilda who has been shocked to the core. 

Cheren looks on the two like they are crazy.

Cheren: young love never lasts. science has proven it.

Hilbert doesn't listen to Cheren, he is far too occupied with calming his friend down.

His warmth, his way of battling managed to make Hilda far more interested in travelling with him. but that comment from N gave her a scare she doesn't want. 

Cheren: how long are you going to stand there? we need to get going!

Hilbert: Cheren, go on without us, Hilda might need rest and someone to look after her. that creep might be everywhere for all we know. 

Cheren: suit yourself then. 

Cheren walks towards Route 2. Hilbert gently shakes Hilda out of her shocked state.

Hilbert: Hilda, i will stay with you until you feel that your fine. 

Hilda: huh? b.but why?

Hilbert: i don't want that creep near you. you saw what he did, you can't trust him at all.

Hilda: H.Hilbert, could we stay here for the night? i want to continue tomorrow.

Hilbert: sure.

Hilbert lets go off her, to Hilda's disappointment. 

The two walk inside the Pokemon center again. Hilda buys herself some milk to drink, Hilbert buys a meal to eat. 

While Hilbert is eating, Hilda takes some careful sips of her drink. Suddendly out of nowhere her Oshawott comes out of his pokeball. 

Hilda: oh hi Oshawott. why did you come out?

Oshawott: Osha, wott, wott Oshawott.

Hilda: your hungry? 

Oshawott nods. 

Hilda: Hilbert.

Hilbert: hm? 

Hilda: do you have Pokemon food? im all out.

Hilbert: i do have some yes.

Hilbert drags up a box of Pokemon food and hands it to Hilda, Hilda lets out her own Lillipup and her Pokemon happily eats their food. Hilda watches them in awement.

When Hilbert is done eating he lets his own Pokemon out and has them eat as well.

When they are done, the teens see that the sun has gone down and that it is time for bed.

Hilbert books the two a room while Hilda is pondering what is safe, to sleep alone or maybe even sleep with Hilbert. (Not the lewd way perverts, the regular way).

Hilbert: Hilda!

Hilda: huh, what?

Hilbert: i got us a room.

Hilda begins blushing.

Hilda: a r.room? l.like the s.same?

Hilbert: yup, i understand if you don't want to sleep with me in the same room, but i want to make sure that the creep doesn't show up in the night and try something. 

Hilda: i.its fine. 

The two teens walk awkwardly towards their room, Hilbert, being the gentleman he is allows Hilda to go first. The two sees four beds. two that isn't connected, and one king sized that is more or less begging them for both to lie down. 

Both without showing it has very apparent blushes on their faces.

Hilbert: uuh, y.your free t.to choose b.bed before m.me.

Hilda nods, she chooses the one near the window. Hilbert chooses the one near the door. 

They take turns in changing out of their trainer gear. 

When Hilda steps out of the bathroom, Hilbert is already in his bed, he takes one look towards her and he gets a nosebleed, he doesn't show it however. 

Hilda: g.good night Hilbert.

Hilbert: good n.night Hilda, s.sweet dreams.

Hilda lies down in her bed and looks towards the moon. 

Hilda's thoughts: so much has happened in one day. it gets me to wonder if this journey will be as regular as mom said. 

Hilda closes her eyes, and tries to fall asleep. 

However, dreams begin occupying her, horrifying dreams and nightmares. She wakes up after so many tries to fall asleep. 

Hilda: why is it so difficult in just falling asleep damnit?!

Hilda lies her head down again, she takes a look towards Hilbert, who is looking at her. He is wide awake due to the sound she made while trying to sleep. 

Hilbert: unable to sleep?

Hilda: sorry Hilbert, but im having nightmares about that guy you battled. 

Hilbert rises up from his bed and comes over to her. he sits on a knee while watching his friend. 

Hilbert: you know, they say that when your unable to sleep, you should sleep with someone.

Hilda's cheek reddens immediately.

Hilda: s.sleep together?

Hilbert: it might sound weird but, it might be your only chance of having a good nights sleep. So if your ok with it we could use the king sized bed. 

Hilda's cheeks are blood red, she would never think Hilbert would be that caring that he actually suggests the two sleeping in a bed together to have her sleep. 

Hilda: w.well, uhm, i.i guess w.we c.could try.

Hilbert: ok, and i promise you i won't try anything while your asleep. 

Hilda: y.you promise?

Hilbert: pinky promise.

Hilda shakily intertwines her pinky with Hilbert's. She then carefully steps out of her single bed and goes to the larger one. Hilbert occupies the left side while Hilda gets the right. The two even though not showing it still hasn't gotten rid of their blushes. 

Hilbert: i g.guess it i.is good night.

Hilda: me t.too.

The awkward friends manages to fall asleep. 

However, while asleep, Hilbert's arms slide themselves around Hilda's waist and hugs onto her. While asleep, she doesn't mind.

Wrapping up yet another chapter of this book.

Now that moment there was both awkward and hard to write but oh well.

Have am awesome day next and stay tuned for more to come.

Peace.