Chapter 8: The Alchemist Ursine

We walk up a grassy hill towards a dark wood house right next to a tall cliff. Sunset is here, the emerald green moon softly glows above a few mountains, while the violet moon hides behind a faraway mountain.

Tristana smiles, "Well guys we're here."

Maddie smiles rubbing the back of her neck then runs to a cat petting it.

A warm deep older guy voice is heard, "Aww she likes you!" He steps out of his kitchen and wow he's really big and tall!

Ashley blinks twice gulping a lot of air.

She asks the alchemist bear with excitement and eagerness in her voice looking way up to see his face, "Woah he's a bear on two legs! Are you a magical bear?"

He does a aww how cute laugh. "I am, little girl."

Ashley puts her hands on her hips puffing her cheeks. "Little girl? Excuse me but not only am I 13 but I'm mature for my age!"

Shauna tells her, "No offense but you are pretty small girl."

Maddie looks over to me, "Well yeah he is a talking bear person you know!"

He slightly laughs, his thumb and finger stroking his chin. "You friends look pretty interesting Tristana."

Tristana tells us, "Don't be shy, he's a friend and knows how to help us."

Winston shakes his hand. "Hi, I'm Winston and the humans are Ashley, Angel and Shauna while the metal fairy is Judith."

Tristana paces back and forth, scratching the back of her head.

With concern in his voice the alchemist bear says, "You seem nervous. Is Poppy okay?"

Tristana looks at him, shedding a tear and sniffing. "I miss her so much!"

Maddie pats her on the back. "Don't worry we'll find her." She cranes her neck leaning back asking Winston, "Hey didn't you say something about these Vishkar people?"

"Yep. I'm still wondering what they're doing here. Ugh, you wouldn't believe how mad I am at them."

It must be really scary missing her friend like that. The way she says her name, I can tell she really cares about her.

The bear looks at his alchemy equipment. A few books and lots of glass things with brightly colored neon liquids. He walks back to us. "It appears for me to help you I'll need cerulean jelly."

Tristana blinks, the awkward silence tells me this is going to be hard.

Tristana tells him sounding concerned, "Excuse me but there's only one place that I know of that has it. It's a human kingdom, one that's aligned with the pig people. They need that jelly to kill monster parasites. They sacrifice people so they can use monsters in their battles."

He adjusts his glasses. "I see."

Maddie looks way up at the I think he's 6'5" standing bear. "Excuse me but I believe we should stop them. I mean the piggies are planning on stealing more of our land you know."

Shauna looks to Maddie. "Eww, that sounds gross!"

"You seriously have no idea." Tristana sounding like Shauna really doesn't want to know.

Winston looks out the back window then back to the bear. "So uhh, anything we should know?"

"Oh yes! These things are known to hate fire and snow. While the cold isn't fatal to them or even fire for too long they are quite scared of it. They have hard skin so you'd need to hit them really hard to do anything. They also have mage guards, so be careful of that when you're taking the jelly. Oh, they save it just in case a noble accidentally gets impregnated."

Winston calls for a huddle. "I think it's time we head back to the castle. I set up a portal."

Winston tells him. "Don't worry mister we'll get that blue jelly stuff for you. Wish us luck okay!"

"Oh I'm sure you'll do spectacular! Good luck, friends."

We walk through the swirling light and end up in a basement with lots of gray brick, curtains, torn carpets, shirts, socks, dresses, and a few weapons.

***

We walk back upstairs and Zoe rushes to Maddie, gently wiping her face. "What happened to you sis? You're all showering, that goes for your guests too."

Maddie's cheeks puff, her hands on her cheek but trying not to narrow her eyes too much at her big sister. Zoe says, "You know who's in charge of this place when our parents and the prime minister are away, right?"

We're walking through the castle's long hallway with long red carpets over black and white checkered marble and tall ceilings. The slightly green tinted moonlight pours in through a window, reflecting on Zoe's emerald green hair and eyes.

Winston whispers, "I'm not too sure about taking orders from a 17 year old."

Zoe's eyes sort of half narrow looking back and way up to us, her sharp smile a bit pointed. A look saying not only did I hear that but get used to it. She tells us, "Your friends were amazing beating those piggy knights. Although that guy in the weird hat is still arguing with that lady who dresses like an angel. He's her boyfriend right?"

I tell her, "Yeah."

Winston's fur looks like he tried dying it emerald green because of the moon's tint, washing over the usually blue highlights on his black fur. I tell Winston, "I'm kinda scared about those monster parasites."

We run into McCree Mercy and Abby. Winston greets them, "Oh thank goodness you guys are alright! I heard you did really well."

Mercy says, "I suppose he kind of did. Although real talk I just happened to do most of the work, as usual."

McCree responds, "But hon did you see I fired startling the piggy to fall off the roof? Or me shooting the strange creature?"

Mercy sounding annoyed says, "And of course you leave out getting stabbed in the thigh by that...thing's tail." She walks away really fast turning around, "You're welcome!"

McCree sighs then tries chasing her, "But honey!"

Abby looks up to Winston. "Both of them left out how I actually did everything. I tripped a piggy and he fell back onto another one. Then another tried killing me with his axe but I knocked it out of his hand then Teemo blew a dart into him."

We go to a wider hall, it smells like patchouli and lavender obviously being cleaned lately. Judith flutters up sitting on a railing. "So Tristana think we'll find Poppy?"

Tristana says, "I really hope so."

After showering we discuss who's going with us.

Tristana looks over abunch of scrolls. "Okay, We know they're going to attack us with a big golem. Our intel says it's coming this way. It's dangerous even though he's slow."

Winston raises his hand, "Oooh! Ashley is perfect for taking him out! She can power up and launch herself really really fast and is amazingly talented at cheer flying. Abby's also really good at one on one fights so she can help take out their captains after I distract them."

Tristana says, "Okay then it'ssettled. Me, Maddie, Mercy, McCree, Angel, Jacob, and Carlos will form a partytomorrow while You, Teemo, Ashley, Abby, and Shauna help with the city's defense."