Chapter 16: Let's Get Ready to Save the World!

I'm not usually a morning person but the fresh morning air is so pleasant. The air feels light and floral aroma fills the air. I hear bass coming from a basement and it's probably Trang.

"You're up early too huh Angel?"

"Yeah. I don't know I still can't get over dad dying."

Trang changes the color on his bass projection a bit. I project my guitar too. Since we couldn't bring our real instruments this works.

After we play for 20 minutes Winston walks over. "Quite impressive you guys, but if you want my opinion you can still do better."

He takes my guitar. "Here, move your fingers like this in this way."

A clean melodic sound fills the air. He plays the first 12 seconds of Stupid for You by Waterparks perfectly.

Trang smiles, "No offense Angel but he's even better than you! How long have you been playing Winston?"

"Just started. I knew I had it in me."

I ask Winston, "What did you think of that place yesterday?"

"Well Angel, I really liked how colorful everything was. Now I know war is scary everyone but please please pleeeeeeeaaaaase don't use your strongest powers unless I say? Our universe depends on it! Like, literally."

We all walk up to the kitchen.

Maddie swallows her rice then says, "I wish I could copy that place for the castle. I mean did you see how colorful everything was!"

"Yeah too bad you won't let us take pictures." I'm disappointed too Abby.

"I know I know. You'll understand someday."

A yordle maid runs up to Zoe, "I know Ava said money's tight but I was wondering if..."

Zoe smiles telling her, "Ava's been out of town lately right?"

The maid shakes her head up and down.

Zoe then says, "So that means I'm the boss so I'll give you paid maternity leave. We aren't like that other country, we're civilized."

The maid gives her a big hug, "Oh thank you Zoe you're the best! Yeah they'll work you like a dog in that other country and you'd have nothing to show for it. And everything's money money money over there. Like you know they're bad people because they think anyone who's poor is lazy."

Tristana then says, "Right! And they worship a Void creature who wants to keep consuming and consuming even more until there's literally nothing left of here, and by here I mean the entire planet. And anyone who'd break your knees then blame you and laugh at you for not being able to run is pure evil, especially if that anyone's a system."

Maddie's watching her big sister and she's smiling. "I know you hate it when I want to have fun but even considering that you're the best big sister ever."

"Aww thanks Maddie! And you're an amazing little sister. You were there for me when I had that terrible sore throat. I felt like you were the big sister, because you were so mature and caring. You'd be a great ruler. I promise if we win this war me you and Violet can go on the best shopping spree ever."

They get up and Maddie asks me and Ashley to walk with them so we do.

Ashley's wearing a black-violet Elmer striped ballet neck cotton short sleeved tee, a black and violet checkered belt, black skinny jeans made of materials that won't get in the way of fighting, the armor we all wear that you can't really see, a silver ring with amethyst, a silver ring with onyx on her middle finger so she tell the evil piggy empire how she feels in style, a silver pentacle necklace, and Vans Sk8 His. And of course the cooling patches Winston invented so we can wear dark colors in the sun. It's not going to be a coolish 65 all day.