Chapter 15: Visiting the Gods

The blistering sunlight is broken up by the shadows of pines, fig trees, eucalyptus, oaks, and sycamores. Wild goats eat the summer grass. The smell of morning glory, pines, and the earthy scent of summer fills the air. We pet the bunnies as we walk by. Me and Ashley are still sad over our dad dying. I feel like we're being watched? I look back and there's ruffling in the bushes.

Ashley sighs rubbing her head. "Ugh, this headache is just the worst."

"Good thing mom isn't here or else she'd be like oh it's because you're on your phone too much."

Maddie looks up, "I'm worried about Ava. Like what was she doing this whole time?"

We cross a small bridge, looking at the fish swimming down the river.

"Don't worry little guys we'll save you." I say looking over the railing.

Tristana tells Ashley, "You know, I really don't like her but what if she was trying to forge alliances like you were? I at least know she wants those magical gems too."

Maddie smiles in an oh of course way. "Oh yeah."

Carlos holds his tummy, "Oh my gosh I'm so hungry!!!"

Abby rolls her eyes and tells him, "You're always hungry. That waistline is so American of you."

I then tell him, "Yeah, that does not look comfortable, at all."

McCree slaps the air behind his head, "Ugh go away mosquitos! Their buzzing is so irritating and I hate it."

Mercy kisses his cheek then tells everyone, "I have the green oil in case anyone has mosquito bites."

Jacob summons a cool breeze to scare them away.

Wha! Those piggy knights just fell from that big tree! Uh oh they're smirking meanly.

"So we've finally found you guys." They walk forward, one with a big hammer and the other with two swords. They have those red helmets again.

Tristana whispers, "Take the fight this way. I know you guys don't like to kill but there are carnivores this way so you wouldn't be killing them."

The hammer one swings at me but I jump over it hitting him on the head with my light guitar. Crash! Take that! Winston fights another with his new sword. It's big but he can fence with it in one hand he's so strong. He doesn't kill so I know Winston's just playing with him.

Jerome tries shield bashing the one with the spear but he gets out of the way. "Missed me prince slowmo."

Jerome kicks another one in the tummy then uppercuts him on the jaw, his metal glove protecting his hand from getting hurt.

Lulu hits the spear one with a slow spell then her and Pix throw magic at him. She summons a magical beam from the ground and he sprouts up like a geyser then falls on his butt.

Tristana shoots the other one, making him dizzy and he falls on a tree.

We rush forward but Winston looks back smiling. He says, "Bon apatite."

I look back and oh gosh raptors and jaguars! Time to turn back. Me and Lulu speed the team.

Lulu giggles and hops, "That was fun!"

Pix tells her, "Really? We're in wilderness that no country owns with so many dangerous creatures surrounding us."

Lulu tells him, "But we have magical powers!"

Pix laughs, "Oh yeah. Still kinda scary though."

We're almost near the mountain. I can feel its sacred energy as we approach it. It has a calming, peaceful effect on us.