Chapter 13: Yay We're Mermaids!

I walk into the kitchen and Violet's mouth hangs down. "No way! You guys made that?!"

It's a two layer chocolate cake with very creamy looking frosting, the smell of cake fills the air, it's sweet chocolaty aroma teasing me. "You can't eat that. Do you want to be worthless and unlovable? That cake isn't meant for you anyway." Not today conscience, not today. Besides Maddie said we can all have a piece.

Maddie tells her, "Me and Zoe made it. Sorry you were asleep. It must have been a crazy day organizing so much."

"Not as crazy as yours. I'm pretty sure Jerome will love it!"

There's a knock and Maddie races for the door. Maddie smooths her skirt and puffy sleeves slowly opening the door then closing it again.

She turns and puts her back against the door, breathing so much. "I don't know if I can do it."

Violet rushes to her, "We're here for you sis."

"Okay here goes nothing."

She quickly opens the door, looking up waving. She smiles and nervously says, "Hi. Oh I...I mean me and Zoe made you this cake and you got to try it!"

Prince Jerome is with a lady tall as Mercy with gorgeous shiny golden blonde type 3A bouncy curls just long enough to touch her shoulders. Her dress has a sky blue skirt and long sleeves and navy blue bodice that matches her eyes and frills peeping out from her sleeves and hem. Her dress has an A line tea length hem. I hope that's his sister because Maddie's going to be so sad if it's his girlfriend. Then again she doesn't look anything like him, well except the hair color.

Jerome takes off his helmet putting it under his right arm. "Sorry for leaving you guys all those times. I was on a quest to find my girlfriend and I rescued her! How did the Piggy Empire even do that?"

She smiles, her teeth perfectly white and tells Maddie. "Hi! I've heard many great things about you."

Maddie backs away, coldly staring at her then runs up the stairs. She is so heartbroken her heartache ripples through the air and I feel it zap my skin. Her face says her heart's been ripped right out of her chest and stomped on over, and over, and over again.

Zoe tells the human princess. "She's really happy to see you." She slaps her skirt nervously smiling. "Well who wants cake?"

We walk into the kitchen and Jerome takes a bite. "Hmm! You should try this!"

His girlfriend takes a bite. "Hmm! Who made this?"

Winston proudly points his thumb at his chest. "I taught Maddie how to bake! She was up all night working on it. Speaking of which I have alchemy I need to work on, excuse me."

"Me too." I whisper to Ashley, "Should we check up on Maddie?" She nods.

Violet says, "It's me Violet!"

We walk into Maddie's room, her feet keep kicking her bed really fast over and over as she cries so much into her baby pink pillow.

Ashley sits on her bed consoling her, "I'm sorry that happened. Did you see how much makeup she was wearing? Gosh like she was fooling anyone trying to hide that mark."

What does she even mean? Her makeup was perfect and I didn't see a mark.

Maddie cries even more. "She was perfect." She bawls even more, putting her face into her pillow even harder.

Ashley then tells her. "Not to mention she's the same species as him and age appropriate. You're 13, he's 25. It just wasn't..." Sis you're not helping! Me and Violet slowly shake our heads staring at her.