Chapter 1. coffee talk

Abigail Heartman.
Manhattan, New York.
Chapter 1. coffee talk.

My name is Abigail Heartman. Born and raise in Charlotte, North Carolina. I'm a professional photographer and videographer, I'm 27 years old and I live in New York City.

The reason why I move to New York because it was my decision to get away and also dealing with a bad breakup after four years.

Over the last five years I refuse to go on any dates what so ever cause I wasn't ready to find love again and I wasn't ready to open up again.

⚜️

I got out of bed looking at the alarm clock noticing that it was going on 11:15am. I walk into the bathroom turning on the light and picking up my hair brush and brush my hair. Then I brush my teeth and then I wash my face.

I started to fishtail braiding my hair and then my makeup. When all that was done I put everything away.

After that I shut the lights off and walk back into my bedroom and I heard my phone vibrated on my nightstand and it was a message from Mia, my best friend

-
Text Message:
From Mia🙊:
Good morning bestie!

To Mia🙊:
Hello to you! What's up?

From Mia🙊:
Just sitting at the office, just about ready heading to the courthouse. What about you?

To Mia🙊:
I'm just gonna enjoy my day off and I will come by after while with Starbucks. But have fun putting the bad guys away.

From Mia🙊:
I need coffee or a latte and I probably will. Love you bestie!

To Mia🙊:
Love you too girly!!
-

Putting my phone back on the nightstand. I put on a Obey t-shirt, Puma sweatpants, Nike Air Jordan shoes, black leather cap, necklace, earrings, bracelets, rings and wrist watch.

 I put on a Obey t-shirt, Puma sweatpants, Nike Air Jordan shoes, black leather cap, necklace, earrings, bracelets, rings and wrist watch

Once I was dress I unplug my phone and putting it in my purse then went downstairs to the living room.

Grabbing my keys and setting the alarm system then went out to the garage and opening the door. I got into my Jeep, starting it up, plugging in my phone and putting my seatbelt then slowly rolling out of the garage.

When I was out I close the door and then drove down the street.

As I made my way around town I stop at Starbucks to get two grande latte and heading to the ADA's office.

⚜️

As I made my way to the office I stop at the front desk, "Hi, is Mia Winters in?" I ask the lady who was behind her desk.

"Yes she is, she just came back just a few minutes ago." The lady answer.

I smiled, "Thank you, Ma'ma." I said and I walk towards her office.

I knock on her door, "Come in!" I open the door then ask, "You got time for that latte?" I ask her making her look up from her paperwork.

"You are a life saver, thank you." She said as I walk in handing her drink then sat down.

"Your welcome." I said.

"I love this makeup look you got going on." She says as she takes a sip of her drink.

"Thanks."

"I see you are still wearing the necklace that I gave you along time ago." She says.

"Yeah, I am. I haven't took it off since you gave it to me." I say.

"So what your plans since it's your off day?" She ask.

"Working on getting the photos ready to for the clients to pick up tomorrow." I answer.

"Well what are you doing tomorrow night then?" She ask.

"I don't know, why do you ask?" I answer as I take a sip of my drink.

Then she had a smile on her face. Oh no. Nope. I know that something is up.

"Alright, what is it this time?" I ask her.

"So I had set you up on a blind date -" I cut her off.

"Mia, I have told you that I'm not going on any blind dates at all." I said.

"Just hear me out Abby." She said.

"What?"

"Just one date that's all and if doesn't go very well then I won't set you up anymore. I promise." She said.

"Alright. I will go on this blind date just to shut you up." I said.

"Thank you Abby." She said.

"Now the real question is who is my date?" I ask her.

"That's for you to know tomorrow when I come over to help you get ready." She answers.

Then a knock appeared on the door and a lady walks in, "Hi Mia, do you have that case files for court?" The lady ask.

"Yes I do, Erin." Mia answers and handing her the files.

"Oh, Erin this is Abigail Heartman my best friend that I was telling you about. Abigail this is Erin Reagan." Mia introduces us to one another.

I shook Erin's hand, "Nice to meet you Ms. Reagan." I said.

"It's very nice to meet you too, Abigail. Mia talks about you all the time." Erin said with a smile on her face.

I cocked my brow up at Mia, "Good things, I hope." I say.

Mia throw her hands up as in surrender, "I swear, good things." She said making Erin and myself chuckle.

"I was just telling her about her blind date tomorrow night." Mia said.

"Oh that's right, I remember you saying something about that." Erin says.

Third POV:

"Well ladies I will leave it to ya. Mia what time are you coming over tomorrow?" Abigail ask.

"Around 5:30pm." Said Mia as Abigail grab her purse, "See ya tomorrow." Abigail said to Mia and then leaving Mia's office.

"She has no idea that her date is my older brother, right?" Erin ask Mia.

"Nope, not until she gets their." Mia answers.

"Your brother is going tomorrow?" Mia ask.

"Yeah he is." Erin answers.

"Hopefully the date goes well tomorrow for them, you know." Mia says.

"I definitely agreed." Erin said.

"And besides both of them deserve to be happy." Mia adds.

"Yes they do." Erin says.

A/N: The picture above is Abigail's home.