Chapter 10. world of chances

Abigail Heartman.
Staten Island, New York.
Chapter 10. world of chances.
(Continuing From The Last Chapter)

We have been at the fairgrounds for a good few hours and I forgot what it was like coming to the fairgrounds as a kids and having fun riding all of the rides and losing all my money on the games that can't be beaten (if not lucky).

"Are you still hungry?" Danny ask breaking me away from my thoughts.

"To be honest with you, yes." I answer as we got into the car, put on our seatbelts and he starts the car then puts it into drive.

I still can't believe he ask me to be his girlfriend, to be honest with you I feel like a high school girl all over again.

I smiled because I definitely had butterflies when he ask and I saw the happiness and the love in his eyes. I finally found a great, handsome and attractive guy who is gonna make me feel loved and make me happy.

And I still have to thank Mia and Erin for setting us up that night, without those two Daniel and I wouldn't have met.

"What are you smiling about?" He ask.

"You, you make me happy." I answer.

"And you make me happy too, Abby." He says.

I felt his hand interlocking with mine while he continued to drive. "Danny?"

"Yeah?"

"I don't have any clothes with me." I said.

"Don't worry about that, you can sleep in one of my shirts and shorts." He says and I nodded.

I felt his eyes on as I look over at him, "Keep your eyes on the road, cowboy." I said.

"Cowboy hun? I like that." He say.

"What? Cowboy Danny Reagan?" I ask as I chuckle.

"Yeah."

"I think I might change your name to Cowboy Reagan in my phone." I joked and I can see him smirking.

Soon we reach to his house, both got out and head inside, "You have a nice home, Danny." I said as he locks the door.

"Thank you, Abby." He says.

I watch him as he turns on the kitchen lights and he walks towards me wrapping his arms around my waist while I wrap my arms around his neck with our foreheads touching.

"I definitely had fun tonight." I said making him smile.

"Me too and thank you for saying yes to the date." He says.

I cover my mouth with my hand and yawn, "Tired?" He ask and I nod.

"Yeah, I can wait till morning to eat something." I said.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to starve." He said.

"Yes I'm sure."

"Alright then, let's go upstairs and go to bed." He said.

He turns off the lights and I followed him up the stairs to his bedroom. As we walk into his room turning on the lap and hands me a pair of shorts and one of his t-shirts.

"The shorts are kinda big but and the bathroom is right over there." He said.

I walk into the bathroom turning on the lights and closing the door behind. I put the clothes on the bathroom sink and I took my clothes off and change into the t-shirt and shorts.

I realize that his shirt was an NYPD.

Once I was done I grab my stuff, open the door as I turn off the lights and then walking back in the room setting my clothes next to my purse.

Danny was already in bed shirtless, "That's a good look for you." He said.

"Me in your t-shirt and shorts?" I ask.

He chuckles, "Yeah." I got underneath the covers (he wearing boxers) as I took my hair down and I laid my head on his chest.

I felt his fingers running through my hair and kiss his cheek, "So this what it feels like being close to someone else." I whispered.

"You never been this close to anyone?" He ask.

"No, not since my ex-boyfriend." I answer.

"I promise to keep you safe, to make you happy, to make you smile, to make you laugh, to protect you from harm and to be always there for you." He says as I rub my thumb against his cheek then he kisses my forehead.

"Can I ask you something?"

"What is it?" He ask.

"Are you worried about the age difference between us?" I ask.

"Age is just a number and it doesn't define who we are as humans, as long there's a connection and love that's all it really matters." He answers then adds, "Are you worried?"

"I mean I'm kinda scared about what your family will think of us." I said.

"Sweetheart, don't worry about that until the day you meet my family but before meeting them I want you to meet my sons first before meeting the rest of the family." He says.

I nodded, "I'm sorry that I brought it up." I said.

"Sweetheart it's okay and I understand why you brought it up but it will be okay I promise." He says.

"It's like we are taking a world of chances." I said.

He chuckles, "Yeah we are."

I kiss his lips, "Good night, cowboy Danny."

He laughs, "Good night, sweetheart." He said as he turns off the lights and I close my eyes listening to his heartbeat.

I'm definitely in love with this man, for once I feel happy and safe.