Chapter 7. the morning after

Abigail Heartman.
Manhattan, New York City.
Chapter 7. the morning after.

I was currently making a pot of coffee when I heard footsteps approaching me, "Good morning, Abby." Daniel says and hugs me.

"Morning." I said and kiss his cheek.

"Did you sleep well?" I ask.

"Yeah I did, I haven't slept like that in awhile." He answers.

"What did you mean by that?" I ask.

"Meaning that I haven't slept next to another woman since my divorce." He answers.

I kinda noticed that he was wearing his sliver wedding band but maybe he wasn't ready to take it off? I mean maybe he still isn't over her? I don't know, I don't wanna jump into the conclusion.

"Are you okay?" He ask.

"I'm fine, I promise." I said.

"You do know that you can ask me anything, right?" He says and I nodded.

"I know." I said.

"I think your wondering why I haven't taken off my ring, right?" He ask.

"I don't want to jump into the conclusion and it's your personal life." I said looking away.

Then gently grab my chin making me look at him, "The reason why I haven't took it off is because I wasn't ready to and we were married over the last 15 years."

"I didn't want to force you to tell me." I said.

"I know and you were just curious about it." He said then adds, "Will I ever get married again? I don't know but the one thing I will tell you is that I just want you to know that I'm not using you at all."

"I don't wanna be known as the rebound girl." I said.

"And you never will be, Abby. Besides my parents didn't raise me like that to use other women for my benefits." He says.

I grab two cups and pour coffee into them and then I handed one to him, "Do you have time for breakfast or do you have to leave?" I ask and took a drink of my coffee.

"Yes I do have time." He answers.

I open the refrigerator getting out the eggs and bacon then I grab two pans and a bowl. Once breakfast was done, both of us sat at the kitchen table eating in silence not saying a word.

Why did it just get so damn awkward all of the sudden?

"Come here." He says softly as he grabs my hand and pulls me towards him then I sat on his lap.

"Your very special to me, Abby. And I don't know what it is but your just perfect to me." He whispers then kisses my cheek.

I sighs, "I'm nowhere near perfect." I said.

"But you are to me." He says then add, "How about we clean up and go lay back down? What do you say?" He subjected.

"Okay sounds good." I answer.

Both of us got up and started cleaning up the kitchen. I put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher while he was wiping the table off. Once we were done we headed back to my room.

I pull the covers over me as he got into bed and I pull him closer to me as he hides his face into my neck.

I started running my fingers through his short hair and he left kisses on my neck here and there. "Are you comfortable?" I ask as he adjusted himself.

"Why yes I am." He answers.

"Are you working the graveyard shift?" I ask.

"Yep, so I get to spend my day with you before going to work later." He answers.

A/N: sorry it's short 🤷🏻‍♀️ I'm trying to come up with new ideas.