Chapter 16. i don't know why he plays these games

Abigail Heartman.
Manhattan, New York.
Chapter 16. i don't know why he plays these games.
Part two, continuing from chapter 15.

To knowing that your ex is living a few houses down is the most uncomfortable feeling ever. I never been this uncomfortable in my life and I'm trying to keep myself together before breaking down.

I watch him as he reaches over and grand my hand holding it while rubbing his thumb on top of my hand, "I know you are scared at this moment and when I catch him, he is going to jail for violating the restraining order and he will be sent back to North Carolina for the warrant that he currently has." Danny said and I nodded.

"I-I just wish that he would leave me alone for good. I can't keep living in fear because of him." I said.

"You don't have to live in fear when you are with me." Danny said just as the waiter brought us our food and drinks.

I hope that Danny catches him because I don't want to be scared anymore. I don't wanna keep looking over my shoulder all the time.

All I want is to live my life in freedom, not being scared.

But anyways, both of us got the same thing, cheeseburger with fries but I got extra pickles with mine.

"How about we enjoy our lunch and not talk about you know who." I said as I took a bite of my cheeseburger.

"And who are talking about again?" He ask.

"My point exactly." I said.

Been trying to not let this get under my skin but then again everything that has to do with Derek gets to me.

⚜️

I arrived back to work after my lunch break and I was sitting at the front desk when my coworker Mandy walks over an orange envelop.

"Hey this came in while you were on your lunch break." Mandy said as she hands me the envelope.

I look at the envelope and it just has my name on it with no address on it.

"Thanks." I said and putting the envelope on the desk.

I open the envelope and looking inside seeing pictures, pulling the pictures out and looking them realizing that they were taken this morning then found a note that fell out.

I will be seeing you real soon.

I don't know why he plays these games.

A/N: Not the best and sorry it's short 🤷🏻‍♀️