Chapter 3. blind date

Abigail Heartman.
Manhattan, New York City.
Chapter 3. blind date.

I told Mia that I wouldn't mind driving but she instead. As I walk inside this fancy restaurant, Mia said that the reservation was under Erin Reagan, and to be honest I'm not even sure if my date is here or not.

"Hello, reservation under Erin Reagan." I said to the hostess.

"Right this way, ma'ma." The gentleman said and followed him to the table.

"Your date will be arriving in a few minutes." The gentleman said and I took a sit.

"Thank you, sir." I said.

I sighs as the waiter placed a glass of water and wine on the table along with two menus as well. I look around the restaurant seeing the happy couples enjoying themselves and each other completely while waiting.

"Ma'ma your date has arrived." The gentleman said as a very handsome guy sat in front of me.

"Hi I'm Daniel but you can call me Danny if you like." Daniel said with a smile.

"Hello Daniel, I'm Abigail." I said with a smile.

Danny Reagan's POV:

I walk inside the restaurant and went up the hostess, "Reservation under Erin Reagan and I'm not quite sure if my date is here yet." I said.

"Actually your date is here, she been here for a few minutes. Follow me sir." The gentleman said and I followed him towards a table where a lady with glasses and curly hair was sitting.

"Ma'ma your date has arrived." The gentleman said.

"Hi I'm Daniel but you can call me Danny if you like." I said with a smile and sat down.

"Well nice to meet you Daniel, I'm Abigail." She says with a smile.

"That's a beautiful name." I told her making blush a bit.

"I gotta be honest here, I am really nervous about this." She says.

"I'm just nervous as you are, Abigail." I said making her chuckle.

Both of us look over the menu and knowing what we both want just as the waiter came over and took our orders and once the waiter got our orders then left.

"So tell me about yourself." I said.

"Born and raise in Charlotte, North Carolina. I'm a professional photographer and videographer, I have been living in New York for a few years now and that's pretty much it." She says.

I can tell that she is hiding a few things and I wanna try help her to let it out but only if she wants to and I'm not that type of guy to force someone to tell me.

"What about your family? What are they like?" I ask.

"My Momma was a doctor, dad was a Marine and I have an older brother name Robby." She says, "What about you, Daniel?" She ask.

"Born and raise here in New York. I'm the oldest, two brothers and one sister, I have two sons and I'm also a NYPD Detective." I answer.

"What are there names?" She ask.

"Joe, Jamie, Erin and my sons are Jack and Sean." I answered.

"Mom and dad?"

"My mom died, my brother Joe in a line of duty but my dad is still here along with my grandpa." I say.

Then she had this look on her face like she knows one of there names, "Wait a minute, Erin? Does she work with the DA?" She ask.

"Yes that would be here, how did you know that?" I say just as the waiter brought our food to our table.

"Enjoy." The waiter said.

"Because I met her yesterday when I went over to talk with Mia." She answers.

"Mia? As in Mia Winters?" I ask.

"That would be the one."

We started eating our food and drinking our drinks, "How long have you been wearing glasses?"

"About few years now but I also wear contacts as well." She says.

"My son Jack wears glasses as well."

"Cool."

"Are your mom and dad still around?" I ask.

"Mom overdose and my dad is still around." She answer.

"Does he lives in North Carolina?" I ask.

"Yeah he does."

"How's everything tasting?" The waiter ask and then placed the check on the table.

"Great, thank you."

I grab the check before she could, "I got this."

"Well at least let me leave the tip then." She says.

⚜️

After paying the bill, Abby leaving the tip even though she really didn't have to I would have done that, and I was currently driving her home since Mia drop her off at the restaurant.

Once I reach her house and park the car, "Well this is me." She said.

I turn off the car and then look at her, "I'll walk you up."

"Okay." I got out and went around to the passenger side and opening the door then helping her out.

We walk towards the stairs, "I had fun tonight."

"Me too." I said as we walk up the stairs and stop at her front door.

"Probably one of the best dates I have been on in awhile." She says.

"I would like to see you again, if that's alright." I said.

"That would be nice."

"And I was wondering if you would like to go on another date?" I ask.

"Of course." She answers making me smile.

"I will call you and give you details." I says.

Then she chuckles, "How are you gonna call me when you don't have my number?"

"May I have your number then?"

I gave her my phone and she put her number in and handed it back to me. Then she pulls out her keys, unlocking the door and turns back to me then I pull her into my embrace.

"Your quite the guy, Daniel."

"And you are quite the lady, Abigail." I say making her smile.

For some reason I can feel something special about her and normally I never felt like that with somebody else since my divorce with Linda. The last few dates I never felt like this but with her I do.

"Get home safe, Daniel." She says and I kiss her cheek.

"I will."

A/N: I think I did pretty okay with this chapter. Just a reminder that I will mix Law & Order: Special Victims Unit will be in this story.