Chapter 13. old photos

Abigail Heartman.
Staten Island, New York.
Chapter 13. old photos.
Part 2.

So this afternoon was a bit of eventful because we had that awkward encounter with Danny's ex-girlfriend who is clingy, very rude and damn annoying as well.

We did stop at the grocery store on the way so we can cook the pot roast for dinner and I already got that going at the current moment.

While the pot roast was cooking, I was sitting in the living room on the couch and looking at some of my old family photos and I had a few letters that I haven't read yet.

I heard footsteps coming towards me and I know that it was Danny since we are the only two in the house.

"Hey sweetheart, what do you got there?" Danny ask as he sat down next to me.

"Some photos that I have." I answered.

"You know, you told me that you have an older brother, what does he do?" He ask.

"Robby is also in the Marines but whenever he's home he works at the automobile shop and he sometimes he helps dad with the farm when he's not too tired." I answer.

"When was the last time you heard from him?" He ask.

"It's been awhile. I miss him a lot and I hope that he is doing okay where ever he is at." I said and I showed him a picture of Robby and I before he joined the Marines.

"How long has he been deployed?" He ask.

"About 9 months now and he is still out in Japan I do believe." I said.

"Wow, you guys look like a little bit." He said and I smiled.

"That was our last photo before he joined the marines, I was only 13 and Robby was 18 in this picture." I said.

I came across my mom and dads wedding picture then I showed him the picture, "That's one of my favorite pictures of them." I said.

"Okay this is gonna sound so crazy but when I was in boot camp I had a drill instructor who's last name was Heartman." He said and I cocked my brow.

"Seriously?" I ask surprisedly.

He nods, "Yeah I'm serious." He said.

"Wow that is crazy." I said.

"Yeah I know and it would be even more crazy if it was your dad." He said.

"Oh yeah, more crazier." I said.

I put the photos down on the coffee table and then I laid my head on his shoulder as he turn the tv while wrapping his arm around my shoulder pulling me closer to him.

"Did you enjoy our walk earlier?" He ask.

"Yes I did until that bitch ruined it." I answered.

"I don't know if she followed us or what but I'm sorry if she made you uncomfortable." He says.

I nodded and kiss his cheek, "I know and I also had a feeling that sooner or later that the ex's are gonna show up out of nowhere."

"I think that you and Robby would get along just great." I said.

"And why do you say that?" He ask.

"Because you have a couple of things in common." I said with a smile as I look up at him.

"Tell me more."

"Well you both are in the marines and you both love me." I say.

He chuckles, "Yeah that's true and I can't wait to meet your family one day." He says.

A/N: So I decided to give Abigail an older brother and made some few changes, so ladies and gentlemen say hello to Abigail's older brother Robby Heartman.

Robby Heartman ⬇️