Chapter 8. ice cube and dinner

Abigail Heartman.
Manhattan, New York City.
Chapter 8. ice cube and dinner.

It was around 5:30 PM when I woke up seeing Danny next to me sleeping. So I got gently got out of bed without waking him up since he hardly slept the last few days and catching a very big case.

I walk out of my bedroom, heading down the stairs and into the kitchen and trying to think of what to eat for dinner. I open the refrigerator and seeing that I had some hamburgers on a plate that I had pated out early so I grab the plate and the cheese out of the refrigerator then closing it. I open the freezer and grab a bag of French fries as well.

I put the plate and cheese next to the stove as I grab the frying pan and putting on the stove, then I turn on the oven setting to the right temperature and getting out long pan then putting the fries on it. Turning on the stove and putting the hamburgers on the frying pan then letting them cook.

Once the hamburgers were cook done I added the cheese on them and leaving them in for a minute or two, I put the fries in the oven and setting the timer. After a minute I turn off the stove and putting the burgers onto a different plate then putting it on the countertop along with the buns.

Now, what way should I wake Danny up?

Come on Abigail think!

Should put an ice cube down his shirt?

Should I wake him up with kisses?

I open the freezer door and grabbing an ice cube then quickly shutting the door and quietly tip toeing up the stairs.

Once I made it to my room, Danny was still sleeping on his stomach. Now it was time for my mission. Operation to wake up Danny Reagan begins now and I knew that he will get his revenge on me later.

I walk over to his side and I lifted up this tank top and placing the ice cube on his back. At first he didn't move very quickly but whenever he felt it he moved from his spot. He looks up at me and started laughing and I couldn't help but to laugh as well.

Then all of the sudden he grabs me and flips me on the bed as he pinned my hands above my head, "You know, I was having a fantastic dream before I felt that ice cube." He says and I laugh.

"And what was this fantastic dream about?" I ask as he leans down and started to kiss my neck.

"About being on the beach with you." He answer as I cocked a brow.

"And what were we doing on the beach, Reagan?" I ask as I felt his forehead against mine.

"Swimming and doing other things." He replies.

"Like what?."

"I can't tell you that." He says then adds, "So tell me why you woke me up?" He says.

"Because I made dinner for us." I answered as the both of us heard his stomach growling making us laugh.

Then he got up and help me up and we went downstairs just in time as the timer went off. I turned off the time, getting the fries out then turning off the oven and putting the fries on the stove.

"This looks really good." He said and both of us started to make our own plate of food.

I smiled, "Enjoy it, Danny." I sat down at the kitchen table.

Once he sat down he just kept staring at me, "What?"

"You called me Danny." He answers with a smile and began to eat his food.

"Yeah I guess I did then." I said.

"But I it when it's coming from you, Abby." He says making blush a bit.

Danny Reagan.

It has a nice ring to it.

⚜️

Once dinner was done and over, Danny and I clean up the kitchen and putting leftovers in the refrigerator.

Then both of us laid down in my room yet again.

"Tomorrow is my off day so I was thinking about taking you out on our date." He says and I laid my head on his chest.

Danny Reagan's POV:

Once dinner was done and over, I help Abby clean the kitchen since she made dinner. I put the leftovers in the refrigerator and I grab her hand and then head up to her room to lay down.

"Tomorrow is my off day so I was thinking about taking you out on our date." I said as I wrap my arm around her just when she lays her head down on my chest.

" I said as I wrap my arm around her just when she lays her head down on my chest

"Is it a fancy date or no?" She ask.

"Nope. Wear something really comfortable since we are doing a lot of walking around." I said as I run my fingers through her hair.

Tomorrow I'm planning on taking her to the fairgrounds since they been in town all week and tomorrow is the last day of them being here.

Awhile back I was thinking of were I should take her next. When I heard that the fair was coming that was a good idea to take her to.

A few moments of peace and quiet with a girl who I'm starting to fall for.

My feelings for her are currently getting stronger by the minute.

Hopefully I won't scare her off when I ask her to be my girlfriend but I will understand if she isn't ready for that just yet and I won't force her to do anything that she isn't comfortable with.

Then I heard my phone ring, I pick it up and answer it. "Reagan."

A/N: enjoy this cute chapter between these too! Ohhhh it looks like Danny his ask her!! And thank you to nkotb2019 helping with this chapter 🌺🧡