Chapter 17. not my time

Abigail Heartman.
Manhattan, New York.
Chapter 17. not my time.
Part three, continuing from chapter 16.

So after work, I went back to my house to grab my mail, clean up the house for a little bit and then head back to Danny's house.

Work was really slow and I couldn't help but looking at the photos in the envelope. Never in my life I felt uncomfortable and I can't stop thinking about the note that was in the envelope as well.

I put on some music and then started to wash the dishes by hand. First I started cleaning all of the bedrooms, bathrooms, living room, the dining room and lastly the dishes.

While doing the dishes, I heard the door open and close then I was set into keeping my guard up.

"Baby is that you?" I called as I turn the music down so I can hear him and it was quite cause I didn't hear him respond back.

"Danny?" I call out yet again and I started hearing footsteps approaching then I turn around seeing my ex-boyfriend Derek with a gun pointing right at me.

Now I started to feel uncomfortable and unsafe that he was here in my house with a gun.

I wish Danny was here to save me.

Or somebody else to save me.

"W-what are you doing here?" I ask him.

"The time has come baby girl." Derek says.

"What does that mean, Derek?" I ask.

He took a step forward and I took two steps away from the sink. "Oh, I miss you so much baby girl and I'm gonna take care of you." Derek said.

I'm very scared and I didn't want to make him angry so I stay where I was.

"Baby girl, you really think that restraining order was gonna keep me away fro you?" Derek ask as he grabs my forearm and shaved me onto the couch then shuts the music off.

"Now baby girl, you are gonna do everything that I say but if you don't I will kill you, just like how I killed your mother." Derek says as he pulls out a small pouch from his backpack and then he opens it up.

My eyes filled with tears and my heart feel into my stomach. I knew my mother didn't died from a drug overdose, he killed my mother.

"Why did you killed my mother?! She did absolutely nothing to you!" I shouted hoping one of my neighbors would hear me.

"I made a mistake on killing your mother, I was meant to kill you that day. She was there at the wrong place and at the wrong time." Derek says and smirks at me.

The both of us heard the doorbell ring and I look up at Derek, "Get up and answer the fucking door." Derek say as I got up from the couch and slowly walking over to the door.

I felt his gun to my head, "Wrong word or I will shoot." Derek says.

I open to see Danny and Fin Tutuola, "Hey Abs, you okay?" Fin ask.

"Y-yeah, I-I'm fine." I said.

"Can we come in and talk?" Danny ask.

I look back at Derek and he mouthed for them to come in and I didn't want to.

"Y-yeah sure." I said as I step back as they walk in shutting the door behind them as they try to pull out their guns since Derek's gun was held to my head.

Danny Reagan's POV:

I arrived at Abigail's house and noticed that there was somebody else here as well, "Hey, what are you doing here?" I ask the other guy and then noticed his badge.

"Just came to check on Abigail since I haven't talk to her since she came down to the precinct."

"So your Fin right?" I ask.

"Yeah, you must be Danny right?" He said.

"That's right." I said and shook his hand.

Fin and myself made it to Abby's door and then rang the doorbell. A few minutes later the door opens to see Abby, Fin and I look at each other and notice that something was really odd.

"Hey Abs, you okay?" Fin ask.

"Y-yeah, I-I'm fine." She stuttered.

"Can we come in and talk?" I ask and I quickly saw tears in her eyes. She was hesitating about letting us in.

"Y-yeah sure." She said as she steps back then both of us walks inside, closing the door behind and quickly noticed that there was a guy holding a gun to Abby's head. Fin and I tried to reach for our weapons, "Put your weapons on the floor. Now!" The guy said.

"Okay, okay. Don't hurt her." I said and we slowly put our weapons down on the floor while looking at Abigail.

"Baby girl, get there weapons and put them on the countertop." The guy said.

"Derek -" She was cut off. "Don't make me kill you, baby girl."

This is the asshole who hurt her so badly. Now I know who this bastard is.

Abby slowly grab our weapons and then puts them on countertop then Derek pushes Fin and I into the living room.

Fin and myself are aware that she has hidden cameras in her home and we both know that the cameras will be the key evidence to show in court or maybe to shown in a courtroom.

I know that she is scared.

I know that she is strong.

I know that she is brave at this current moment. By doing what he tells her to do just to stay alive and to keep him happy so he doesn't snap.

To Be Continue....

A/N: Sorry for the long update! Be on the look for part four! :)