Chapter 1: My Son

Haytham Point of view
I leaned back in my chair and sigh at my journal entry for the day, it had been a long one. I close my weary eyes letting the ink dry in my journal, nothing sounds better than a warm cup of tea after a relaxing bath. But I suppose it is not to be so, the front door opened just opened and closed it is loud enough that I know it isn't someone sneaking in. I recognised the footsteps coming this way, they belonged to the one man who enters my house without knocking Charles Lee.

I also recognised his stressed breathing just outside my door, he knows I'm in here. So why doesn't he knock? Is he trying to Will the courage to come in here, most likely with more bad news? Ever since the rumours of a new Assassin began, that was always type of news he bought.
Haytham: you may enter Charles
I said growing tired of him waiting, I sit up straight in my chair and face him as he enters
Charles: sir good evening
He says as he looked tired himself
Haytham: well by the look on your face, it isn't one what seems to be the problem?
Charles: well.... I do have some bad news, however I also have good news as well
I raised my eyebrow at this
Haytham: oh really what is it?

Charles: first the bad Hickey was arrested today in New York
I sat up a little straighter
Haytham: on what charges?
I asked curiously
Charles: counterfeit
I signed heavily bloody fool! I thought
Haytham: damm I told him to be more careful, I dislike the practice as is. But if he insists the least he could do is not get caught, so what is the good news?
Charles smirked at me
Charles: the Assassin was arrested as well
Haytham: and how do you know it was an Assassin?
Charles: besides the attire he was chasing down Hickey with murder in his eyes, also he fits the description of the rumours
I looked at the window and processed all the information Charles just told me
Haytham: so he does exists that's only good news because he was caught. What did they get him on?
Charles chuckled at my question
Charles: get this they actually thought he was with Thomas Hickey
I stood up from my desk and placed my journal, init my draw.
Haytham: wow a Assassin is with the Templar's
I smiled to myself, I'll admit I have been pretty sure he existed for some time I could feel it. The Assassin has been known to hold fast to his principles, and to be honest he is as upright as they come. I could use a man of his courage and skills.
Charles: what should we do sir?
Haytham: well I suppose we ride to New York and see what we can do about Thomas Hickey. Also the Assassin won't be going anywhere, so I'll think on that.

We have arrived in New York Charles and I have already pulled some strings, though I had hoped for better. Hickey stunt will be hard to erase, but for time being this will do. Charles and I entered the holding cells, there seem to be a few other people and there was a native boy who was about eighteen or twenty. Next to him was Hickey who looks like he was pestering the poor old boy.
Hickey: thing is, I believe I've just been pardoned
Said Hickey as he notices me and Charles and the guard was escorting us, to open door for Hickey.
Hickey: thanks for the rescue gents
Haytham: there can be no further mistakes Thomas, am I understood?
I said hoping he can tell from my voice how upset i am, I was about leave.

Hickey: what bout the Assassin? That's right they put him in the cell right next to mine, guess we didn't get them all.
I looked at him questioningly over my shoulder, and he gestured to the native boy who he was harassing.
Haytham: this is him?
I asked in disbelief a child was tearing us apart? Perhaps you should never underestimate my enemy I thought. I looked at the boy suppressing a sigh, as I had worried he was my offspring... my son that me and Ziio made together. I wonder does his mother knows he leads the life of an Assassin. Surely not she wouldn't allow this life for him, he still a boy I almost feel bad and here I am plotting of not only a teenage boy but my son.
Charles: sir what is it?
Charles asked breaking me from my thoughts
Haytham: nothing... he just.. so young I didn't expect that
Connor: not too young to stop you
He says with determination, yet I almost want to laugh here he is. My son completely defenceless in a prison making threats? But no I should not take him lightly. He means business and has taken down both Johnson and Pitcam, I need not to underestimate him.