Chapter 20: A New Life (The End)

Connor Point of view
I sit up and sigh, I've been in bed for three hours, and have been unsuccessful in sleeping. I get up and put on my robes and shoes on, then I climbed out my bedroom window. I need to do something besides toss and turn in my bed, so I decided to hunt. I crouch in a bush watching my prey, a deer steps by the creek to take a drink. I creep up to it, then quickly strike after skinning it I stand up and sigh.

I should have sorted things with my father long ago, I feel so content now. Knowing that things are going to only get better, from here. I briefly wonder if he'd be interested in hunting, I think it would be good to do some father and son bonding. Doing something that doesn't, involve pursuing human prey. I shook my head, I don't know why I'm out here I simply cannot focus. My father and I have been here for a month,and I grow restless. I don't like doing nothing, but I'm not going to abandon him.

I return to the town at the Homestead, and I enter the Tavern. I'm unsurprised to find Doctor White here, I am surprised to see him accompanied by Norris and Myriam. I approach their table Norris was the first to notice me, and he grins.
Norris: Connor! Hello.
He says
Connor: hello everyone.
Myriam: it's a surprise to see you here Connor, especially at this hour.
Myriam says to me.
Connor: I could not sleep.
I spoke truthfully
Norris: so what brings you here? You don't drink.
Connor: I actually was hoping to talk to Doctor White.
Doctor White: oh? Is there something wrong?
He asked curiously
Connor: no no, I was just going to ask if, you thought my father could leave any time soon.
Doctor White: oh well yes, I actually intended to tell him when I see him tomorrow that's he good to travel. Though I do hope you go with him. He is well, but not as well that he can get into trouble. And it seems getting into trouble, runs in your family.
I chuckle
Connor: yes, I'm planning to go with him, so don't worry.
Doctor White: Good.
Connor: thank you Doctor.

I left the Tavern and walked back to the Homestead, I went up the stairs to my fathers room. Then I knock on his door, I do love it here but I'm certainly ready to get back into action. I'm pretty sure my father is eager, to get going as well.
Haytham: Connor? Have you any idea what time it is?
My father asks, rubbing his eyes after opening the door.
Connor: no, but I have something to tell you.
I say and I let myself in, he looks at me for a few moments before speaking.
Haytham: sure son, please come in.
As he closes the door behind him.
Connor:sorry, I didn't mean to barge in like that.
Haytham: never mind that, what did you want to tell me?
He asked still rubbing his eyes.
Connor: you're free to leave, we can start heading to Boston first thing in the Morning.
He frowns
Haytham: it is half past four Connor, you couldn't have waited fours more hours to tell me this?
Connor: well I thought you would want to know-
I was cut off

Haytham: and why, did the doctor tell you at this ungodly hour?
He asked annoyed
Connor: because I asked, I was heading back home and thought to find him. He's at the Tavern anyway.
Haytham. On your way home, from where?
Connor: why are you interrogating me?
I asked suspiciously
Haytham: I'm just confused why you barged in here, so bloody early or why you're even up.
I sighed
Connor: I'm sorry, I just thought you were eager to go home. After all, you're almost fully recovered and I'm sure you have plenty to be doing.
Haytham: Goodnight Connor.
I scoff
Connor: fine.
I head towards the door.
Haytham: son.
I stop and face him.
Connor: yes father.
Haytham: one more day, then we can go alright.
Connor: alright.
Haytham: sleep well, if that's actually something you do.
I laughed
Connor: you as well.

Haytham Point of view
I wake up a few hours later, to the sound of people chattering downstairs. I get up and rub the sleepiness from my eyes, and got dressed I went downstairs to get some breakfast.
Norris: Haytham! Good morning!
Someone calls, and I turn to see Norris sitting at a table.
Haytham: Good morning Norris.
I say warmly, I liked Norris and all of the people who live in the Homestead for that matter. I wouldn't mind staying here, rather than Boston.. but I don't think Achilles would allow that. I thought in my mind.
Norris: care to join me?
I shrug
Haytham: sure.
Norris have me a spare plate, of breakfast.
Norris: so Connor tells me you're leaving soon.
Haytham: yes, I intend to leave for Boston tomorrow.
Norris: that's a shame, we'll miss having you here. We've grown fond of you.
I laughed while swallowing my bread.
Haytham: is that a fact?
I asked
Norris: you're a good man, and everyone can see that. Not to mention that since you and Connor worked out whatever your feud was, he's so happy we're grateful to you for that.
I was flattered by Norris, statement.
Haytham: well I am glad I've made a good impression, I would like to stay here at the Homestead. So I would be able to see Connor, and the rest of you more often... but I don't think it is the right time yet.
Norris: oh really?
Haytham: I do enjoy it here, everyone is so friendly and it's so much nicer than the city. But it would be for the best, for me to return.
Norris: you could always come, and visit us.
I smiled into my drink.
Haytham: I just might.
Norris: also, not to intrude on your business. I hope you will have dinner with Connor and Achilles tonight.
My eyes widened
Haytham: how do you know about that?
Norris: Connor mentioned it to me, are you going to go?
Haytham: of course I will go, it couldn't possibly hurt.