Chapter 5: How I Met your Mother

Haytham Point of view
I sprint across the rooftops, killing any of the redcoats that were in my way. The sun set about two hours ago, and since then the clouds in the sky have grown thick and dark. It's already began to drizzle and I can tell we're in a storm tonight, I do not wish to get soaked, not to mention the fact that there might even be hail. I see a familiar figure from the corner of my eye, and I slide to stop. My son Connor is on the street, who was talking to one of the sons of Liberty fellows in the cold rain.

I shake my head wondering how's he's okay with getting soaked, while also noting the intensity of the rain increased. It has been three months since I last saw Connor, I've heard nothing of him in that time and I was beginning to think he vanished. I didn't realise how much I have begun to care for him, until just now seeing him again. It's incredible how this young boy, had gotten to this old man in such a short time. Hmm I wonder if he feels a similar feeling, or if he hates me I thought.

I creep closer hoping to eavesdrop, but they're only discussing the progress of the war. The man Sam Adams is I'm not mistaken, is bragging about some battle that Connor pretty much won on his own. The young boy was humble as always, says it just was the right thing to do I rolled my eyes at this. Finally the two part ways as Connor looks around, and his eyes linger where I am. Though I'm hidden I'm still convinced I've been found, but he turns and walks the other way as if he hasn't seen me... so I follow him.

After speaking briefly with a few people across the city, he finally stops. Connor looks at a letter then nods and tucks it away, he approaches a man leaning against a wall.
Connor: I am here behalf of Doctor White, it is time the campaign against him is out to an end, who sells the papers this slander him?
He asked as he crossed his arms to his chest
Man: you won't find any argument from me, Doc lye fixed up my leg good as new. There are paperboys throughout the city who sells the papers, perhaps with some coin you might put a stop to it.
The mans says to my son
Connor: thank you
As Connor goes to carry out the mission  hmm I figure why not help a bit?

With the aid he doesn't know he has, Connor bribes all the paperboys trying to sell the papers about the doctor. I catch back up to him, but to hear him asking one of the children who printed it. The child only tells him that he was hired by a man, who pays him to keep it up and that all he cares about. But Connor isn't done, he has a town crier Point him in the right direction, and soon finds the overseer. Without a word Connor slams his fist into the mans face, one two, three times. He then grabs his coat and holds him still, as he speaks angrily to him.
Connor: your days of slander are through, do not print or sell anything else about Doctor White or I'll pay you another visits. And you won't come out of it, without a real beating understood?
He sneers at him
Man: ye.. yes sir
He stutters
Connor: good now go, before I regret leaving you conscious
As the man runs away from him.

Connor looks over his shoulder in my general direction, does he know I'm watching him? I thought but Connor just turns into an alley. How odd I abandon my hiding spot and follow, I follow him into the alley and don't see Connor anywhere. Baffled I activate my eagle vision, still nothing I walk further into the alley and I sigh and turn to go. Before I know it a weight from above collides on top of me, knocking me to the ground. I look into the dark brown eyes of my son, who bears a tiny smirk what is he game?

Connor: it is different when the tables turn, would you agree?
Connor asks
Haytham: what do you want?
I asked slightly annoyed
Connor: why are you following me?
Haytham: don't be foolish, you forget that you are my enemy
From there Connor extends his blade, and presses it to my throat.
Connor: if we are going to be this way so be it, any last words?
Connor says in mock British accent, as he fights a smile is he mocking me?
Haytham: you think this is some sort of joke!