Chapter 11: Speaking to Achilles

Connor Point of view
Achilles lays in bed very sick, he can barely get his voice to whisper. Some days he's very quiet, and goes along with whatever, but others he argues with such passion that it makes me forget he's sick today is the second.
Connor: enough!
I shout standing up
Achilles: you must understand what will happen, if you do not kill him.
He replies as usual, we're talking about my father I can't see why we always argue about him.
Connor: I cut him off, he and I are finished.
Achilles: oh?
Connor: he withheld information about the death of my mother, sitting on it until it was convenient for him. Not to mention,I see more and more how different we are. Anyway, Washington is responsible he also tired to attack my village, or should I say he was the one who burnt it... I will not be working with either man again.

Achilles: when did this happen?
I signed, knowing he's going to be more mad.
Connor: almost a year ago.
Achilles: so, why am I only just hearing of this?
Connor: well right after it happened, I went out to sea. I needed to take a step back from everything, and that best way to do it, while still being productive.
He shrugs, and nodded his head.
Achilles: anyway, point being you have a soft spot for your father. I can tell by how upset you always get, when I mention killing him. Even now that you say you're through with him, you will hesitate when the time comes.
Connor: I don't see why, I had to kill my best friend.. killing him should be simple in comparison.
Achilles: I'm sorry to hear that Connor.

Connor: it is of the past, I must keep moving forward. I've constructed a plan to kill Charles Lee, and now that I've broken ties with my father there are no reasons to refrain. Hopefully Lee will be dead by the end of the year, with luck though I'm not pushing it so will Haytham... I mean father.
I sigh saying his name feels wrong.
Achilles: if I was you, I wouldn't rush going after Haytham you're still hurt. You aren't thinking straight, and I'm willing to gamble my heart isn't in that pursuit. You spent so much time with him, you surely have grown attached to him.
I scoff at this, uhh but he's right I have. I thought.
Connor: it was misplaced, everything the man said to me was a lie. His ways are cruel, and he's so steadfast in the Templar ways, that I can't run away from killing him much longer. This is just my punishment for being naive enough to think he could be spared, but I knew from the day you let me in I had to kill him.
I sigh and sit back down.

Connor: Achilles I'm sorry, I should have not yelled at you earlier... with everything going on-
Achilles: do not apologise Connor, you've been through a lot you're upright. Perhaps you ought to relax, may do some good my boy.
I lean back into my chair.
Connor: well I have friends here in the Homestead, I could visit them to relax.
Achilles: that would be wise to do.
I rest my head on Achilles's
Connor: I hate to leave you old man.
I spoke honestly as he chuckled.
Achilles: I've still got some time left, you've more to worry about than sitting around waiting for me to die anyway.
Connor: well what if something happens? What if you need something?
He rolls his eyes at me.
Achilles: I'm only sick! Not paralysed.
He reasoned with me.
Connor: I just worry about you, Achilles you know.... I care... about you.
I sigh, showing affection is hard.
Achilles: I know Connor, but I'm still here.
He pats my hand, with his free one I clear my throat.
Connor: so you think... I should go to them... you know Norris, Lance and the others?
Achilles: I do, take a mini vacation kill Lee later.

I sigh and look at my hand that sits on his, when I speak again it's barely a whisper.
Connor: what if when the times comes, I can't kill my own father?
I look back at him, and his gaze tunes cold.
Achilles:then you better hope, he won't be able to bring himself to kill you. Because chances are, if you start fighting there, will be no going back.
I nod and close my eyes tight, I think I might cry. I wanted things to work, better than this.
Connor: you are right, thank you.
Achilles: I'm just telling you straight, Connor.
Connor: which is why, I am grateful.
As I got up from the chair.
Achilles: I hope it ends well.
Connor: me too, see you later old man.
Achilles: bye Connor.

I shake my head sighing, it's not impossible. Despite what my father tried to make me believe, I know I was already feeling hurt and betrayed by Washington and my father is the one who revealed it all. But why didn't he tell me the truth about my mother's death? What else has he kept from me? Furthermore for someone who hates Washington, as much as he does he seemed awful willing to go to him that night. And Charles had already been to the village, before me.... but he asked me where our village was.. so was he not responsible for it. I shake my head and I made my way to Norris house.

Sorry if this was a short chapter, but I wanted to make a chapter about Achilles and Connor only. But the next chapter, will be long I promise.