Chapter 15: The Unxpected Attack

4 weeks later
It has been 4 weeks since, me and Connor have accepted each other as father and son. Also Doctor White said that I have recovered quickly, so now I was able to walk about instead of lying down in bed all the time but Connor  always give me company.

Right now I was walking around the homestead by myself, Connor went to help with Achilles about something. All of a sudden I heard horses approaching, I pulled the hood further on my eyes that Connor gave me while my other clothes were being washed. I walked silently in the shades of the trees, until I approached a place where I could eavesdrop easily what was about to be said.
Charles: brothers, fellow Templar's.
What the bloody hell Charles! What on Earth is he doing here? I thought.
Charles: we are here for a reason, we must exterminate the enemy kill every man that's gets in our way. We will do everything and anything, in order to reach our goal. Too long my friends, we have waited for this day to come for too long this human waste has lived. These people breath to destroy us, Thread plots against us any moment against us. And the people believe it is them, who fight for justice who fight with honour!
Shouted Charles, as his voice rose with anger, my god he has come to kill my son... Achillles even the people of the homestead! Charles must think I'm dead! So now he is the grandmaster.
Haytham: you're a monster Charles.
I whispered to myself.
Charles: so let us go comrades, let's destroy them and feel no remorse. Let's make Haytham our grandmaster proud.
My eyes widened in fear, the people on the homestead are in danger and my son and Achilles as well I must warn them.

With this final exclamation, Charles and the Templar's we're heading to the homestead on the hill. The Templar's strolled up and down the path, it's time I do the right thing and be there for my family I know that Connor and his other Assassins are here I need to warm them! I thought. All of a sudden I heard a scream, it sounded like a woman who was carrying her child.
Charles: let them be for now! We must hurry before the Assassin is warned!
Ordered Charles, as I can see the hatred in his eyes. When will this man ever learn! I thought.

My heart skipped a beat, then as soon as I began to run with much of my lungs could provide. It accelerated tremendously, I ran towards the house I crossed the main path. I walked into the kitchen in the  homestead,  I saw Achilles and Connor sitting at the big kitchen table.
Achilles: take some more vegetables, Connor.
Achilles said, as my son chuckled at him.
Connor: you take it old man, I know you like lettuce.
As Connor to was sweet, and careful.
Achilles: no you do, I don't have the body like yours to fuel.
I was enjoying this scene, but I hate that I have to end it.
Haytham: Achilles Connor!
I walked into the kitchen, with worry on my face.
Connor: what's seems to be the problem, father? You look like you seen a ghost.
As he stood up from his seat.
Haytham: Charles Lee, and the Templar's have just arrived at the Homestead.
Connor: WHAT!
As Connor shouted, as Achilles glared at me.
Achilles: now Haytham, this isn't one of your plan is it?
He questioned me, this caused me to shout at Achilles.
Haytham: how dare you! I wouldn't dream of doing anything like this! I am a changed man, and I do not wish harm to the people in the Homestead.
Connor pushed me back gently, as Achilles stood up.
Connor: calm down father, these are his people he has every right to be cautious.
All of a sudden I heard a scream.
Achilles: it seems like a scream
As he went to look at the window.
Connor: I will go and check.
Said Connor as he pulled his hood on.
Achilles: Connor you must warn the other Assassins, who are in the training area.
I looked confused, I had no idea there was a training area in the Homestead.
Haytham: I will go upstairs, and get the rest of my weapons.

I ran upstairs to my room, and gathered the rest of my weapons that were laying on the desk. I heard a gunshot interrupt, and I could see the other Assassins, Dobby and the others running downhill. I wasted no time and jumped out the window, and landing on my two feet on the ground. I threw my body in a quick race towards the battle, as I was holding the fabric that kept my hood on my head tightly with my right hand. In the other hand I held my sword, the path went downhill and leaded to the battle. Most of the Templar's has fled like cowards, as soon as they saw me coming with a sword.