Chapter 17: People of the Homestead

Haytham Point of view
I am so bored, it has been under a week since the attack on the Homestead. For the past couple of days Connor and Achilles, had been my only source of entertainment. However today he left this morning with one of the people of the Homestead, to go and hunt. While I'm officially off bed rest for good now, I don't know anyone here only Doctor White. However after an hour, of dong exactly nothing I decide to go for a walk.

I put my coat on then frown, this is the first time I'm putting my coat on since the fight with me and Connor. I hadn't realised how huge the hole was, looks like I have to replace it as I headed outside. I wander down the path for a few minutes, it was a nice day a little chilly but not quite cold.
?: well hello there.
Someone said from behind me, breaking me from my thoughts and I turn around.
Haytham: hello.
I replied
Terry: my name is Terry, you're Haytham right? Connor father?
Haytham: yes that would be me.
Terry: it is good to see you on your feet, the lad has been worried.
Haytham: well it is certainly, good to be up. I'm not a fan, of staying cooped up in bed.
He laughed at me.
Terry: if you're anything like your son, I wouldn't doubt it. That from the wound.
He gestures to the tear in my coat, I sighed sadly.
Haytham: this? Yes it is a shame, I might have to replace it.
Terry: you know, I bet Ellen can fix it.
He clicked his fingers.
Haytham: who?
Terry: Ellen, our seamstress. I'll take you to her, if you like.
I nodded in agreement.
Haytham: by all means.

We walk in silence to Ellen house, I cross my hands behind my back as I follow. When we arrive, Terry knocks on the door. After a few moments, a woman opens it.
Terry: hello Ellen.
He says as he waves at her.
Ellen: Terry hello, who is your friend?
Terry: this is Haytham Kenway, Connor father.
Ellen: nice to meet you, mister Kenway.
She smiled at me.
Haytham: pleased to meet you, miss...
I reply
Ellen: just call me Ellen.
Haytham: alright, then I insist you just call me Haytham.
She nodded and she clap her hands.
Ellen: so, what can I do for you then, Haytham?
Terry: his coat has a giant hole in it, you think you can fix it?
He asked, as she stared the giant hole.
Ellen: come inside, let me see.
Haytham: thank you.
I say as I followed Terry inside.
Ellen: can you take off the coat off, so I can see it?
Haytham: of course, we'll?
I remove it and hand it to Ellen, she looks at it for a few moments.
Ellen: I can fix it, if you want but it is a rather large hole.
I rubbed the back of my head.
Haytham: I know, will that be a problem?
Ellen: no not at all, just may take some time to repair it. Without it being noticeable.

Haytham: well I have time, the hole on my shoulder has just healed up.
Ellen: what happened, if you don't mind me asking?
She asked, oh boy what on Earth I'm going to tell them? I thought in my mind.
Haytham: it's complicated...
Terry: I heard you and Connor, had a death match is that true?
Terry asked me, I was not comfortable of telling anyone about our conflict.
Haytham: something like that.
Ellen: a death match?
She asked with a worried look on her face.
Haytham: well I wouldn't exactly call it that, but it's not far off from what happened.
Terry: why?

Haytham: I don't know it I can say, I'm not sure what you know about his life.
Ellen: not any details, but I've seen the way he uses all those weapons her carries. I know he and Achilles are part of the Assassins group, that fights and kill for freedom of people.
I nodded to this.
Haytham: something like that, I'm technically his enemy.
Ellen: oh.
As she look backed at my coat, and avoided eye contact with me.
Terry: then why did he spare you?
He asked.
Haytham: well because at the end of the day, I'm still his father and we both do care about each other. Without getting into any details, me and my son have put the past behind us.
I said as I spoke the truth.
Terry: I see.
Ellen: well the important thing is, I'll have this fixed up for you as soon as possible.
She says
Haytham: thank you.
I reply warmly to her.
Ellen: of course Haytham, say hello to your son for me.
She smiled, as she placed my coat on top of a chair.
Haytham: I will.
Terry and I leave her house, just as soon as we do. I notice a larger man approaching us, grinning.