Chapter 3: Working Together

Connor Point of View
Connor: unbelievable
I said I pulled out my tomahawk and ready to fight, alone since my own father left me here by myself. I don't think I can work with him if he doesn't start pitching in, surely there's a good reason the abandoned me maybe I just don't understand.

Dead finally I'm beginning to calm down a bit, I suppose it's better I got my anger out on them rather than father. I still can't believe he left, but at least I can handle myself. I sigh and go and get my horse, I should meet my unbearable father at New York, and I don't plan walking there at all. Little did I know I stopped a night to camp, only to awake the next morning to a dead horse. Wolves have attacked my horse, but it took me awhile to make it to New York I was sad that my horse was gone she was a beautiful creature.

I decided that before I met my father, I should restock my ammunition. No telling what he intends or where this mission will take us, I enter the general store and got what I needed. Finally I reached the docks this is where my father wanted to meet right? Surely he can't be far, unless he gave up on my entirely. Maybe he thinks I'm dead or I hope he has been at least patience with me I thought as I stood there waiting for him.

Haytham Point of view
God I hope that boy is there! I thought, it's been a day since I arrived, surely he couldn't have left but I regret leaving him. Maybe he was overwhelmed, but what if he died all because of me? I couldn't live with that.
Haytham: where are you Connor?
I  signed in relief as I see the him there at the docks looking around, he seems frustrated. I wonder if he thinks I left, if only he knew how much I've been worrying about him. I slowly approached him, not letting my relief show.

Haytham: evening Connor, I see you made it here in one piece
I say with sarcasm
Connor: huh recovered from your beating then?
He retorts, he seems to enjoy the look on my face
Haytham: lucky for you, I've made good use of the time you've made me wait. I found out that's Benjamin Church, is holed up in a abandoned brewery.
Connor: lead the way
We ran across the rooftops, he's oddly quiet I wonder what he's thinking about. The only sound is our feet knocking on the rooftops, finally my son starts to speak.

Connor: tell me something father?
He says I stop, but I didn't turn around to face him
Haytham: hum
I hummed
Connor: you could have killed me when we first met, what stayed your hand?
Haytham: curiosity any other questions?

I glance at him over my shoulder, he looks almost hurt at my answer maybe I should have said something else?
Connor: what is it the Templar's truly seek?
At this I turn to face him, he's taking interest
Haytham: order, purpose direction. No more than that, it's yours lot that means to confound this nonsense talk of freedom. Time was the Assassins proclaimed a far more sensible goal, that of peace.
He huffed
Connor: freedom is peace
Haytham: oh on it is an invitation to chaos, just look at this little revolution your friends have started. I have stood before the continental congress and listened to them stamp and shout, all in the name of liberty but it is just noise.
Connor: and this is why you favour Lee?
My son seemed disgusted to even say that name, that might be an the future. I wonder if Charles did something to him in the prison perhaps? He clearly hates the man maybe more than he hates me.
Haytham: he understands the needs of this would be nation, far more than the idiots who profess to represent it.
My son huffed in annoyance
Connor: it seems that your tongue has tasted sour grapes, the people have made their choice and it was Washington.
I sneered in disgust
Haytham: The people? You know who chose Washington Connor? A small privileged group of people, making a decision that would benefit them. They may have dressed it up with pretty words, but that does not make it only difference Connor, between myself and those you aid is that I do not fein affection.

Connor looked away and scowled, he does not even look as I continue on.
Haytham: are you coming?
Connor huffs and follows me
Connor: Washington is a good man father. Despite what you may think, he has only best intentions for freedom.
I huffed at his response
Haytham: this discussion is over
Connor: No! You do not get to decide that it is over, just because you are tired of it! What gives you the right to make the decisions? And why must you always tell me your right because you say so? You cannot prove a thing father!
This angered me, my own son is questioning me.
Haytham: I mean it boy drop it!
Connor: who do you think you are?
I soon to face him and he bumps into me, not expecting the sudden stop. I cannot even believe the disrespect from my own son.
Haytham: your father for one
Connor: oh right like that makes difference? You can't keep out of my life, then try to kill me. Then expect me to respect you because you're my father!
He yelled at me as he balled his fists