Chapter 8: Am I A Monster

Connor Point of view
We exit the house that we had just met Lee at, and we mount our horses without a word. We begin riding in the direction Charles Lee, sent us staring me. I look at him over my shoulder, eyebrow raised.
Connor: What!
I said annoyed
Haytham: you're made at me?
He replies
Connor: of course, you know how I feel about Charles Lee!
He sighed
Haytham: I know, I guess I am hoping to get two of you used to each other.
Connor: I have no desire to get used to him, thank you.
Haytham: come on Connor, I'm trying to lay groundwork for something permanent.
Connor: what do you mean?
I asked
Haytham: well I would be lying if, I said I didn't enjoy working with you. I just fear that what we have won't last, though and I don't want to kill you. I certainly don't want you to kill me.
I huff and look away
Connor: I do not ever want to work with that man, though. Being in the same room as him enough, to make my blood boil.
Haytham: I know, though I don't understand why?

Connor: well it doesn't help that, when I was four he and a couple of your men came near my village. When I was out playing hide and seek, and he interrogated me.
I spoke truthfully
Haytham: I think you don't quite mean interrogated.
Connor: yes I do they laughed at me tripped me over, when I tried run away. And then Charles pinned me to a tree by my throat, might I add and told me that me and my people were useless. Then when I still didn't tell them what they wanted, one of them knocked me out... which was William Johnson. I woke up with a concussion, then I found my village on fire.
Haytham: so that's why you think it was us.
My father said in a concerned manner.
Connor: think? Charles Lee killed my mother, and I'm still convinced despite what you calm. That it was by your order!
I tried to knock some sense to him
Haytham: I told you Connor, I gave no such order. They should not have even been there at all, but I can promise you they did not start to fire.

Connor: all I have to say is that finding out he is a Templar, is mere convenience. The more I learn about him the, more I hate him. But he is a perfect example of why your claims, that all would be equal under you is just a dream. He is a Templar himself, attacked a small child in the forest and left me to die. Would he have done so, if I was white child?
I asked him angrily
Haytham: son please, I'm sure that is not why-
I soon cut him off
Connor: spare me, his speech that day tells me otherwise.
Haytham: speech?
He asked confused
Connor: yes he went on and on about how me and my people, were worthless. Stuck in the old ways and too stubborn, and stupid to conform to the true ways of the world.
Haytham: oh
Connor: exactly
My father signed
Haytham: this displeases me, I wish I had known.
Connor: why? So you could scold him, and then move on like it never happened?
Haytham: son I would-
Again I cut him off
Connor: look I'm through with this discussion, and as luck would have it I think we found the place.
I climb the nearest and tallest tree to affirm my belief, I pull out my spyglass grateful to MR Faulkner for recommending I keep one for all of my missions, not just naval.

In front of us is yet another plot of land, there appears to be a few farm animals here as well. Though crops definitely outnumber them, there are a variety of different plants things such as corn and wheat. In the back is a large windmill, white but faded standing strong. There are a couple barns and even a house or two, but one thing stands out to me.
A warehouse that is surrounded by guards and is way too large, and industrial for a farm like this. The guards surrounding it, when my eagle sight is activated to glow red to all of the guards.
Haytham: well do you see anything?
My father asks
Connor: yes, it looks like the right place. I can see a warehouse up ahead, by a windmill like Charles Lee said.
I reply not bothering to his the venom, in my voice at the mention of Charles.
Connor: plus there are too many guards, around for a farm like this. Mercenaries from the looks of it, although....
I focus my spyglass on the west end of the property.
Haytham: yes?
Connor: regulars a whole bunch of them, headed on to the property. They're headed directly to the warehouse.
Haytham: well then let's stop some thieves shall we?
Connor: lets
I put the spyglass away and join him.