Chapter 2: Searching for Church

Conor Point of view
I ride up to this abandoned church building, such irony considering that I'm searching for Benjamin Church. I took my horse to the tree line by the building, I stroke her neck and feed her a piece of apple before tying her to a branch then I went inside the building.
Empty completely empty! I thought so much for this lead, I take one more look around the empty room. Trying to see if I missed anything but it's still empty, I sigh and turn to go. However I did not notice my attacker was watching me, until he is already upon me.

Connor: father
I said looking at the one and only, Haytham Kenway in his deep blue eyes.
Haytham: Connor any last words?
He asks, as my mind draws a blank
Connor: wait
I quickly said curious to see his reaction,if he wanted it I'm sure he would have killed me straight away.
Haytham: a poor choice
He sneered as he adjusts his weight ever so slightly, it was just enough for me to shove him off. My father then charges at me again, but I shove him away from me by my feet. I quickly stood up and extend my hidden blade now him and I are even.
Connor: have you come here to check up on Church? Make sure he's stolen enough supplies for your British brothers!?
I demanded as I shouted at the same time.
Haytham: Benjamin Church is no brother of mine, no more than the redcoats or their idiot king
Huh am I supposed to believe this nonsense! I thought.

Connor: oh he's not is he? Such lies!
I huffed
Haytham: of course not I expected naiveté but this? Listen the Templar's do not fight for the crown, we seek the same as you boy, freedom, justice, independence.
Connor: but-
I began but I know he is lying. But now that I'm here confronting my father for the first time, what do I even say.
Haytham: hmm but what?
Connor: Johnson, Pitcam and Hickey they sought to steal land, to sack towns, to murder George Washington. That s doesn't sound like freedom or justice to me at all.
I looked as my father signed heavily, I hate how he acts like I'm some incompetent child.

Haytham: Johnson sought to own land that he might keep it safe, Pitcam aimed to encourage diplomacy. Which I might mentioned you single handedly, coked up enough to start a war! And Hickey
My father voice trails off, as he thought want to say to me
Connor: yes? how do you excuse him?
Haytham: George Washington is a wretched leader, the man is is so uncertain and insecure. That he could topple the entire war effort with that alone. Only look at valley Forge know my words are true, we're all better off without him.

Connor: if you truly seek the Patriots, then you should have considered what his death would bring. It would cause unrest in the soldiers, even more so within the other leaders. It would put a doubt in everyone mind, not to mention that he is innocent and is fighting for freedom.
Me and my father looked at each other unmoving, I could see some serious thinking going on and I wonder what he might be thinking about.
Haytham: look much as I would love for us to spare and argue with you all day, we have bigger issues at hand.
Connor: really?
As my father straighten his posture, moving from a defensive stance to a business stance.

Haytham: Benjamin Church has betrayed the Templar order, he's stealing supplies to sell for personal gain. Not to mention the fact that he has a rather big mouth, if not a larger ego. You clearly want the supplies he's stolen, I want him punished our interests are aligned.
I looked at him, and he has made a point
Connor: what do you propose
Haytham: a truce... perhaps some time together might do some good, besides you are my son after all and you might be saved from your ignorance.
He smirked at me proudly, I can't really think of any words to say. Why does he want me to do this? Is is a plot to have me killed? Or to make me join the Templar order?
Connor: what if I refuse?
I asked him
Haytham: well that's not the way I'd like this to go... but I can kill you now if you prefer
I look as he extends his hidden blade at me