Chapter 14: Meeting an enemy from the past

Connor Point of view
I make my way down the hill, pretending I have no destination in mind. It is clear where I want to go though, and when I reach Doctor White House. I have to quit pretending that I wasn't heading here the whole time. My father woke up nearly two weeks ago, and I haven't visited him here since. I want to check on him, but a part of me is worried he won't be glad to see me. He seemed quite bitter when I was here before, and while I can't completely blame him it still hurts I miss him.

I was about to knock on the door, then I pause. I don't want to see him I thought he'll just want to argue, or will in some way anger me. Besides he hasn't asked me so I would be unwelcome. I sigh then I turn to go, I hear the door open from behind me.
Doctor White: Connor wait!
He calls to me, as I stop and face him.
Connor: um yes?
I ask
Doctor White: why don't you come in? Your father is getting pretty lonely.
I shook my head
Connor: he does not wish to see me.
Doctor White: he's been asking for you.
I raise my eyebrow, that is quite a surprise.
Connor: wait... he has?
I asked
Doctor White: he has, he asked me to fetch you. But then he changes his mind, because he doesn't think you want to see him. He believes you hate him,or you'd have been back.
Connor: did he say that.
Doctor White: many times.
I sigh and I went inside.

Connor: hello father.
My fathers looks up from a book, surprise on his face.
Haytham: Connor? What brings you here?
I pull a chair by his bedside, and sit.
Connor: you.
My father sets his book aside, and sits up.
Haytham: what's on your mind son?
Connor: I just wanted to... see you.
Haytham: is there something wrong with me, that the doctor isn't telling me?
Connor: no why?
I asked
Haytham: well in case you hadn't noticed, it's been two weeks since I woke up. He said you were in here constantly waiting for me, so I figured the only reason you would be here was if you had cause to worry. Not that I understand why you would.

Connor: I was afraid.. to return.
I spoke honestly
Haytham: why? Am I gonna jump out of bed, and attack you in this condition?
Connor: no! Do you understand anything?
I scowled at him.
Haytham: what do you mean?
Connor:I was afraid of being right.
Haytham: will you make sense boy? Right about what?
He asked annoyed.
Connor: about you wanting me dead! About you using my stupidity... and softness and naïveté to just hurt me... and kill me. About you hating me as much... as I think you do.
Haytham: Connor the only reason, I fought you-
I soon cut him off.
Connor: was to protect Lee! Him and your stupid order! You souls have killed me, without a hint of hesitation. Yet here you are, alive only because I was scared of losing you. I should have left you to die, I should have known better than to think you'll ever be more... than my sworn enemy.
With that I leave, with tear coming from my eyes.

Haytham Point of view
I watch Connor go, as I felt miserable. I really have done wrong to him, and now he'll never forgive me I'm so confused and hurt. I sit up slowly holding my shoulder, I push myself to my feet. I know I can't be up for long, but I wish to talk to Achilles Davenport. Perhaps a fatal choice, but what does it matter if it is? It's not like I'm enjoying life much anyway I thought in my mind. I take a deep breath and head out the door, after a short walk I reach the mansion I hesitate momentarily before knocking the door.

I await an answer for a couple moments, before Achilles opens the door. Oddly enough I take great pity on the old man, he looks worse than Connor. It will quite frankly be a shock, if he lives much longer.
Achilles: Haytham.
He says bluntly.
Haytham: Achilles.
I reply hoping there's some warmth in my voice.
Achilles: Connor isn't here, at the moment.
As he was about to close the door.
Haytham: I'm not surprised, it's actually you I came to see.
As he freezes in place.
Achilles: well you wasted your time, I do not wish to speak to you. You're lucky I let you stay on my land at all.
I sighed I don't blame him for his ride attitude, I have caused him a lot of pain in the past.
Haytham: please I just want a word with you.
He sighs
Achilles: fine come in, I have no desire to argue.
Haytham: thank you.
I said softly.