Chapter 16: dont leave me

Haytham Point of view
The shout remained silent, in the air for a few seconds. I pulled both of my hands in front of my mouth, biting my index finger.
Haytham: CONNOR!!!
I screamed again, he was shot behind his back. So in a matter of seconds he laid unconscious, if not maybe dead in a pool of blood on the ground. I stared at my own son in shock, the blood was spreading onto the grass, I ran to him and kneeled down to him.
Connor: f... father.
Connor barely whispered, his breathing was slowly decreasing. Also he wasn't unconscious at all, the poor boy could barely open his two eyes just to look at me.
Haytham: Connor hold on... don't you dare leave me! I will put an end to this mad bastard, who did this to you I promise!
As I held Connor hand tightly.

Charles: such a shame, the Kenways are such a tragic family. Now the young foolish sava-
Haytham: CHARLES!!
But before Charles could utter the word savage, his sentence never came to an end. Because I pulled the trigger, which was aimed at head and shot him. My own friend, a loyal man was once a good man gone. I watched as Charles instantly fell on the ground, as a river of blood was streaming onto the grass.
But right know I didn't have time, for enjoying my revenge for my son. Whose state of health was unknown to me, I kneeled again to my son again.
Haytham: Connor... wake up.... no don't leave me! Oh Ziio I'm sorry I've put this onto our son.
I cried as I looked up into the sky. I soon realised, that Connor was unconscious.

I ran uphill back to the Homestead house, as I got near to the door I could hear steel clashing could be heard from the outside. I allowed myself inside the house, I pulled my hood down and pulled out my sword before moving further. In the living room, I saw Achilles was facing four opponents. With the help of a tiny knife, and a skinny lady that covered his back his courage was admirable I thought as I saw Achilles already has taken the fifth man down.
Haytham: brothers! Lay down your weapons!
I called in a calm tone from my voice, silence fell heavy in the room.
Templar: Master Kenway! Your alive!
One yelled in happiness, in my mind I was disgusted by their behaviour.
Haytham: now let me kill the true, wickedness of the world!

The rest of the Templar's, cried with joy. But that soon came to an end, when I stabbed the first Templar with my sword. Which was replaced by a scream of terror, I cut them off with anger and grief. For the first time after many years, I felt better. All of these men had followed the creed, without discussing orders even when it came to slaughtering innocents. So now it's the time for them to be paid, it was at this time the whole Templar order. That have to pay for what it done to me as well, my own son has been taken away from me because of them. My own family my father had been killed, everything besides that occupation destroyed. Now the bill has been made, all four corpses had seen to that.

When the fight ended, I turned my back and looked besides me. The eyes of the Assassin Mentor were fixed in his, with relief and astonishment. Achilles held the lady hand, and he reassured the poor soul. Which she buried her head in his back, not to see the horrible scene.
Achilles: Well Haytham, that was great performance-
But I soon cut him off
Haytham: Connor! Has been shot.
I said in great panic.
Achilles: Go! Bring him here!
As Achilles eyes widened, in fear.
Haytham: you do not have to, tell me twice.

I ran down the hill, and then up again. But this time carrying my child in my arms, Connor was incredibly heavy on my shoulder. But this instinct didn't allow me to stop, my own son from dying.
Haytham: oh god I don't even know, if he still breathes!
I said to myself, I panicked as soon as I bought him in the house again.
Achilles: upper floor!
Achilles yelled, as I could tell he was panicking just like me.
Haytham: you must be joking with me.
Achilles: no I am not! Now hurry!
I laid Connor onto the bed, in his room. I then started to pace back and forth, nervously.

I sat in the edge of Connor bed, it has been 3 hours and my son showed no sign of waking up. I would touch Connor forehead, Achilles would come and give me a bowl of water and a cloth. I would apply a wet cloth on his forehead, and then wait as Doctor White attended him. The next day I felt discouraged and empty, I had breakfast downstairs with Achilles and everything has been dark and silent.
Achilles: I've checked on Connor, this morning.
He finally spoke, as he took my empty plate from me.
Haytham: has he improved, compared to yesterday?
I asked eagerly, as I stood up from my seat.
Achilles: not exactly, I suggest you go and check for yourself.
He spoke sadly, as I could tell that Achilles was also affected by Connor illness.