Chapter 11:She didn't know why she like LSZ, but she knew that LSZ liked ZNY

It was finally the Spring of Wànshùn Year 40, and Teacher Meng, who had been gone all winter, returned at last from the south with a flourish. He had returned with some specialty snacks for them. And while this winter was unrelentingly unbearable, it had, as a result, deepened the relationship between Gu Hong Jian and Lin Si Ze. Upon seeing this, Teacher Meng became extremely joyous.

This return, however, Teacher Meng did not teach the two anything, instead asking them, "A year has passed already; you both, one seventeen years of age, the other sixteen, are considered adults, are you not?"

Gu Hong Jian stood and gestured to her height, saying, "Yes!"

Lin Si Ze rose. "...Yes."

Gu Hong Jian amazedly realized, how come Lin Si Ze grew so much in less than a year?!

Not allowing her time to ponder, Teacher Meng stated, "Concealing strength and biding time also has a time limit. Now...it's time."

Gu Hong Jian: "Ah..."

Lin Si Ze steadily nodded nevertheless. "Yes, that's right."

"The Emperor's health is not well; presumably, the chancellor will propose for him to establish a crown prince. Regardless of whether the Emperor himself is willing, he must still think this matter over carefully... Hong Jian, who do you think is the most likely candidate?"

Stunned, Gu Hong Jian had not expected to be asked this and replied hesitantly, "The eldest prince has Imperial Tutor Yao's support but is unfortunately disliked by his Imperial Majesty. Moreover, his body is not fit. The second prince's birth mother, Shu guìfēi,1 is doted upon the most by the Imperial Father. The third prince is nothing special, and the fourth prince and second prince are of the same faction..."

Although Gu Hong Jian and Lin Si Ze lived in Bai Fu Palace, seemingly cut off from the rest of the world, they had, in fact, paid close attention to the outside world's movements. Gu Hong Jian was in charge of making discreet inquiries among the servant for information. She, after all, had stayed in the palace for several years and knew some martial arts as well. She naturally was competent. For the most part, the other young palace maids were all very willing to gossip with her, so when she carefully mentioned their masters, they didn't care about speaking to her about it.

Furthermore, in addition to the information obtained by Lin Si Ze, Teacher Meng also occasionally gave them some details.

Therefore after extrapolation, Gu Hong Jian more or less had an answer.

Teacher Meng gave a smile, one neither approving nor opposing, and replied, "Then as of now, if you needed to get rid of someone, what should you do?"

Gu Hong Jian blanked for a moment before murmuring, "You should..."

Teacher Meng smiled again. "I will tell you a small bit of gossip. The second prince and third prince have been quarreling for several days over a songstress, in public with numerous people onlooking as well."

Gu Hong Jian's mind churned as she stared at Teacher Meng.

Teacher Meng patted her head instead. "Ponder slowly. I will come again tomorrow and ask you again."

After he spoke, he left as blithely as he came.

Gu Hong Jian stood there in a stupor, feeling ill at ease after his words. Lin Si Ze, who probably also had a heavy load on his mind, did not say anything to her.

In the evening at last, Gu Hong Jian finally figured out the answer.

Assassinate the second prince.