Chapter 24:The news of her death arrived

And from the outside, arrived the noise of someone's arrival; perhaps Lin Size thought it was one of his officials that had arrived, his face quickly paled, but as he raised his head, he saw that the one who had arrived was actually He Fang Ning.

Lin Size's facial expression fell, saying, "What have you come for?"

He Fang Ning said, "Emperor, this consort... has something to say."

Lin Size took a look at her, saying, "Jiang Haifu is really big mouthed."

He Fang Ning said, "That's because he cares about you, and also because he hasn't lost his rationality yet."

"If it's about the matter of Hu prefecture, there's no need to dissuade me. I've already made up my mind." Lin Size responded.

He Fang Ning said, "Emperor, I know that you must be very sorrowful right now, but please, no matter what, calm down for a moment. Not even mentioning that right now, you're needed for dealing with the matters of the imperial court, as these things I do not understand, nor do I want to nose in on, but just on the matter of your health, you really can't handle it!"

Lin Size answered, "I know how to handle myself."

He Fang Ning said, "You're going, no matter what?"

Lin Size answered with his deep, silent pondering.

"You say that you can handle it...... but, if you really could handle it, you originally wouldn't let a.s.sistant Gu go to Hu prefecture in the first place!" He Fang Ning suddenly answered, her voice changing.

Lin Size was stunned, and looked at He Fang Ning, with an incredulous look.

Gu Hongjian was also extremely surprised, looking at He Fang Ning, feeling that now that her voice had suddenly become stern, when compared to the usual He Fang Ning, who was normally such a soft and weak little white rabbit, it seemed like they were two different people, actually seeming somewhat like the He Fang Ning she had met during the wedding.

And this type of He Fang Ning, was actually a bit more pleasing to her eyes......

He Fang Ning stated, "a.s.sistant Gu knows martial arts, and this consort also knows some. But, at the end, a.s.sistant Gu is still a woman, and emperor, you sending her there, did you never consider that she would be in danger, and did you not know that she might die?!"

Gu Hongjian: ...Wha?! She actually had the nerve to say this?! And she's got the nerve to push Lin Size around?!

He Fang Ning didn't wait for Lin Size to respond before continuing, "This is being unfair to a.s.sistant Gu, in reality, it's also being unfair towards the people. Even though a.s.sistant Gu knows martial arts, but she doesn't have actual combat experience in warfare; and although a.s.sistant General w.a.n.g is present, but at the end, it's still not a wise decision. Additionally, the way a.s.sistant Gu does things, you're also very clear of, for achieving her goal, she can do anything recklessly...... no matter what, you're permitting of her going to Hu prefecture, it really has a thousand reasons why it's wrong. And at the time, I also didn't know anything, and couldn't say anything-- of course, I also can't deny, that even if I could have said something, I wouldn't have dissuaded you, because on certain aspects, a.s.sistant Gu is my enemy...... and emperor, you let a.s.sistant Gu do things that her enemies would think are beneficial to them...... heh."

Gu Hongjian's eyes and tongue were numbed by the shocking statement.

And Lin Size was angered, thumping the desk with his hand, saying, "I've given her opportunities to leave! My sending her to Hu prefecture was only to let her know that she was dealing with more than she could handle, and to have self-consciousness to leave on her own terms!"