Chapter 4

*Jakes POV*

I was talking to Colton after school since I hear he lives somewhat near me. And I accidentally told what happened in class.

"Bro, you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into."

"Excuse me?" Wtf?

"She's kinda weird. Like, dude, do you see how pale she is? And she's like native." Oh shit. Is she a vampire? What the literal Fuck?

"And you should care because? Whatever. I'm still meeting her." I sorta snap back.

-

I wait at the park for her. And I think it'll be funny if I scare her. So I hide in the bushes. I at least scare like 10 people while waiting. The last person I think is her. I can't know for sure, but I'll do it any way.

"Hey Kayleigh."

"Ahh! What the literal fuck Jake?" I'm just laughing at her reaction.

"Hahahahahaha" she swats me in the chest. Literally the funniest thing I saw all day. But she does look pale. Damn.

"What are we doing here anyway?"

"I don't really know. Wanna play at the kid park thing?"

"Sure. If I die, you pay my bills." She says with a serious face.

"Oh hell nah."

- Skip Park-

"Are you ok?" I ask. She hit her head on that bar pretty hard.

"Yea. A little dizzy. But-" then she collapses.

I don't even know where her house is. So I'm fucked. I ask in the neighborhood. Surprisingly this lady says that she knows where and tells me. I remember every word, thanks to my amazing vampire brain. I take her to her house. I lay her on her bed. Then leave to rome the city.