Special Pet Part 43

Margaret sleeps well overnight. The Vet comes in to see Margaret in the morning. They examine her wound and change her dressing while Quigor puts a different, clean nightgown on her. The technology in her room is still set so that she cannot see her wound, as the Vet feels this would frighten her.

    The Vet decides that it is safe to feed Margaret breakfast. They decide to give her some scrambled eggs to eat.

    Margaret is carefully placed into a soft, comfortable highchair. "Lunch?" She asks. 

    "Breakfast, Margaret. Good girl," the Vet says. "She's so smart, Quigor. You've done very well teaching her words. Her wound looks good today and she doesn't seem like she's in very much pain."

    "Thank you, Doctor. She is a smart girl, and she's worked very hard to learn all those words. I'm so glad she's feeling well today. Thank you so much. She's such a wonderful pet," Quigor says. 

    Margaret's scrambled eggs are brought out to her. She is given orange juice to drink. Margaret eats her food wondering how long they are going to stay at "Quigor's friend's house." Her medicine is in her food.

    Margaret is taken to the potty after breakfast and then carried back to bed. "No bed," she protests.

    "It's okay, Margaret. What do you want?" The Vet asks, showing her the toy symbols in her communication book. 

    Margaret wonders where her toy pony went. It isn't in there. She wants to play with her pony house. "Emily come?" She asks. She knows Emily would help her ask for her pony house.

    "Is Emily your friend?" The Vet asks. 

    "Friend come!" Margaret cries. 

    "Okay, Margaret. Friend come," the Vet tells her kindly. They turn to Quigor. "Her friend is allowed to visit her for a while today if she wants to and if her owner will let her. She may play with Margaret for half an hour. See what her owner says about that. Otherwise she may visit Margaret tomorrow. 

    "Oh, thank you. I'll ask Mepo. Emily and Margaret are best friends and Mepo is Emily's owner," Quigor explains. 

    "I know Emily. She sees me for her appointments. She's such a sweet girl," the Vet says. 

    Margaret is excited about Emily coming, but she is still tired from having surgery. She falls asleep and takes a nap soon after breakfast.

    Quigor contacts Mepo while Margaret is asleep and informs them that Emily is allowed to visit and may play with Margaret for half an hour. 

    "Of course I'll bring Emily. She's been worried about her friend. It will be good for them to see each other. Thank you for asking. How is Margaret doing?" Mepo asks.

    "She's doing all right. The Vet is taking very good care of her. They are so kind to her. She still has a lot of healing to do though. The Vet thinks she will be fine, but she needs to stay in the Hospital about four days so they can monitor her condition," Quigor says. 

    "Is it alright if I bring Emily in to see Margaret after lunch?" Mepo asks. 

    "I think so. Let me check with her Vet and I'll let you know," Quigor says. 

    Quigor says goodbye to Mepo and goes to eat their breakfast while Margaret is asleep.

    Margaret is fed cream of potato soup for lunch in the soft highchair when she wakes up from her nap. She is surprised to see Nyqota here watching her.

    "Hi, Margaret. How are you feeling?" Nyqota asks.

    "She dosen't understand the question, Mother," Quigor says. "Margaret okay?" They ask thier pet.