Special Pet Part 26

Quigor carefully picks up Margaret in the morning and feeds her breakfast. She reluctantly eats it. The dry human food doesn't taste too bad, but Margaret misses the meals her owner prepared for her at their home on Nividar. She is given water to drink.

    Quigor praises their pet for eating and places her in her cage with a yellow dress with a daisy pattern on it. They then eat their own breakfast of seelmar while Margaret dresses and goes potty.

    After breakfast Quigor leaves the room to inquire about activities and play areas for pets on this planet. They explain that it must be safe with no creatures that might bite or harm their pet human as she is quite vulnerable. A suitable play area is suggested and Quigor thanks the alien before returning to their room to retrieve Margaret.

    Quigor carefully picks up Margaret and puts her collar and leash on her. Margaret had been playing happily with her pony blocks.

    "Play Emily?" Margaret asks.

    "No Margaret. Margaret come play," Quigor tries to explain, carefully leading their pet outside on her leash. 

    It is a twenty minute walk to the strange building. Margaret nervously takes in her surroundings along the way. She sees many of the scary looking aliens and some large animals that are eying her hungrily as if she would make a tasty snack.

    At last they reach the building. Quigor gently leads Margaret inside. Margaret stares around the building while her owner speaks to the alien in charge. She sees different fenced off play areas. Some are empty and some contain strange creatures wearing collars which frighten her.

    Margaret notices a pet human and one of the play areas and she pulls at the leash excitedly trying to get to her.

    "Quigor, come!" Margaret cries in Nivish. 

    The alien in charge tells Quigor to go ahead and take Margaret over to the play area with the pet human.

    "Okay, Margaret," Quigor says, following their pet to the play area.

    There is a small adult female pet human sitting on thick blankets with a Nividian owner holding onto her. The alien has aqua fur with light purple tummy fur. The pet is playing with a toy animal playset.

    Quigor asks the girl's owner if they may enter the play area with Margaret.

    "Of course. Tulip has been wanting a friend to play with," the Nividian tells Quigor. Looking at Margaret they ask "What is your name?" 

    Margaret pays the alien no attention. She runs straight to Tulip.

    "What is your name? My name is Margaret. Do you like it here?" Margaret asks excitedly in English.

    Looking up at Margaret and speaking slowly and carefully, Tulip answers. "My name is Tulip. Yes, I like it here. This is my owner. They are very nice. Would you like to play with me?"

    "Sure!" Says Margaret. "What are you playing?"

    "I'm playing with an animal playset," Tulip answers. Her owner is still holding her carefully.

    "What is your owner's name? Why are they holding you up?" Margaret asks.

    Tulip answers slowly and carefully. "I can't pronounce it. I can't speak their language. My owner has to hold me up or I would fall over. I can't sit up by myself."

    Margaret is very surprised. "That's okay," she says, grabbing some toy animals. She and Tulip play happily together for a while. Margaret is so happy to be with another human.