Chap 4: Wisdom

Mikey's P.O.V:

I went into the main room to see Leo and Raph yelling at each other. "Leo, there's no point. I don't see why you want to do this. Karai may be our ally, but she's dangerous and unpredictable. The things she would do just to get what she wants," said Raph.

"What are you talking about? We need her. If we ought to take down Shredder, we need her and her resources," said Leo. 

(A/N BTW, Karai in this universe is on the good side and is also wealthy enough to give the turtles whatever they need. Even though she a teenager. Like TBH, I could write a whole other story just on her. She's kind of like an anti-hero, but don't worry, she won't be an antagonist.) 

"No leo, it's too risky," said Raph.

Leo looked as if he were about to burst. Which was something very uncommon for the level-headed leader. "Why do you always have to question my plans? I know what I'm doing, why can't you trust me?"

"It's not that I don't trust you, I just don't trust the people in your plan. Using Karai's money so that we can get extra gear? We already have all we need. Using Casey to distract the goons? He would fail immediately and might get hurt. Using Mikey for the finishing blow? He'd mess that up and we'd all get killed!" yelled Raph.

That last part made me wince for two reasons. One reason was Leo wanted me to do the finishing blow? 'Why would he want me to do that?'

 And second was the part when Raph said my failure would result in everyone's death. 'Did he really think me that much of a mess-up?'

"You heard Master Splinter, that plan is very capable. Sure, it seems very odd, but that's the point. No one expects those people to be useful in that way," said Leo.

Oh, so Leo didn't think I should do it, but he wants me to do the finishing blow because people have such low expectations of me? Okay, I see how it is. I was starting to get angry. But at the same time, I was getting sad.

"Let's face it Leo, it's not gonna work!" exclaimed Raph.

I saw that Donnie, April, and Leatherhead had exited Donnie's lab to see what was going on, but they didn't say anything. When Leo and Raph were having an argument, it was best to stay out of it. But then I saw Leo clutching his sword. 'Wait a minute, Leo never sheathed his sword, what was we planning to do?'

"Why can't you just trust my plan?" asked Leo, voice clouded with anger.

It was strange that Leo the angry one and Raph the calm one. Normally the roles were reversed.

"I just know when there's a flaw in any plan. Like you, I only want to take down shredder, but you're not thinking at your best," defended Raph, crossing his arms. 

I looked at Leo's hands. He was gripping his katana tightly now. 'Wait, I know that gesture,' I thought. 

Whenever Leo does that, it means he's about to strike. 'Oh no, I have to stop this.'

I looked over to Sirds. He seemed to be thinking. Then he said,"I think it would be best if you stepped in. They won't be stopped with words. When you stop Leo, Raph will also attack. You will have to fight them both simultaneously, but you can do it. I believe in you."

I got out my nunchucks, waiting for the right moment to jump in. "You know what Raph, I think someone needs to teach you some respect," said Leo.

"Excuse me?" replied Raph.

Uh-oh, moment of truth. I ran as fast as I could to get in front of Raph, but I wouldn't make it in time. Leo brought his sword up, ready to slice Raph. From the looks of it, Raph wasn't gonna react quickly enough. And as the blade was traveling down, I threw my Kasarigama chain at it, and surprisingly, I caught it. I quickly pulled it so that it flew out of Leo's hand and threw it across the room. Leo looked at me with fury and shock. Yeah, he didn't see that one coming. But Raph also looked pissed. "What the shell? You were gonna cut me?!"